Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat

+11
averydino
browncow75
fisherboy7
Jim Rivera cfc1909
sabrjay
jbonie
rholmes
t206head
BigGuy219
yawie99
bowlingshoeguy
15 posters

Go down

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Empty Something I have always wanted, Offbeat

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:42 am

I have always wanted a turn of the century sweater that the players wore in the day.

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat T206br10

What off beat vintage item have you wanted? ( Does not necessarily have to be within your budget).

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Empty Re: Something I have always wanted, Offbeat

Post by yawie99 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:17 am

I'm with you. Still don't have one, but I did buy a wool peacoat a couple years ago so I could look like Jack Bastian.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Empty Re: Something I have always wanted, Offbeat

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:07 pm

If this isn't proof of global warming, I don't know what is. You don't see today's players needing sweaters.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 am

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Matty_10
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:26 am

I love the sweaters, but if I could have only one piece of outerwear it would be one of these coats from the A's:

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Ascrop
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:28 am

A Vespa.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:32 pm

I've always wanted one of those sweaters and have actually one of the Giants one. Love the ad. According to it, the sweater must be a hit with the ladies because it says the sweater is great for tramping. Something I have always wanted, Offbeat 122116
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:31 pm

I really like the NY players in their sweaters. Not sure I would wear it though

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Mcgraw11

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Mcgraw12
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:23 pm

What's with the "half and half" style sweater that McGraw is wearing? I've always wondered. You see it on a number of other t206 subjects as well...
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:31 pm

I have wondered the same thing for years. Something I have always wanted, Offbeat 963326

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

If you read the ad copy, it pretty explains it. Basically, it's designed that way so that you wear in a number of different styles depending on how chilly it is.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:35 am

Ive always wanted a "Bowler Hat" derby like they wear in some of the OJ's. I dunno why, I just think theyre cool looking, and Im sure Id be the only fool out there wearing one!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by averydino Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:19 pm

I also hope to have some of those sweaters now. For sure, they cost a lot in the present. They may be a collectors item also.

averydino
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Empty I'm with ya on the A's sweaters!

Post by hrbaker Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Colbyjack
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat HRBakerphoto
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by MSTEELE Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:45 am

The Bambino looks great in his Red Sox Sweater in 1919.

[Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Ruth_s10

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat 1919_t10
MSTEELE
MSTEELE
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:21 am

That Ruth, Sunday, and Barrow photo is awesome!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:34 am

I guess Billy Sunday didn't get too much preaching across to the Babe.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 pm

My favorite sweater card is hands down the E97 Keeler.

There's also a Zeenut Chance (not sure of the year) with a pretty sweet lookin sweater.

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat E97keeler_jpg
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Is this the sweater you seek???

Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Zeenut11
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Something I have always wanted, Offbeat Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:46 pm

That's the one, Chris. Hey, you should trade that card to me hypnotize
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down