Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!!

+5
bowlingshoeguy
Bosox Blair
sabrjay
cccc
ullmandds
9 posters

Go down

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Empty Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!!

Post by ullmandds Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23 am

I thought I got a good deal when...last week...I got a tango eggs bescher(I know it's ridiculously common for this issue...but) in sgc 70 for $162. In the past 6 months I got a Mcquillan from an auction house(I know...another common one!) for over $300 in psa 5...wouldnt cross equally to sgc...thinking that was a fair deal. And just tonight...another ridiculously common diamond cut bescher sold for $102...that's dirt cheap...dontcha think?

[img]Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Tangoe10[/img]

Last edited by ullmandds on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!!

Post by cccc Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:28 am

peter all the tango eggs in existence start at EX anyways Cool , kinda like the reverse BCCG scale so don't look at the number on the slab. plus it's hard to get excited about them when you can't classify them as a t, e, d, m etc...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!!

Post by sabrjay Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

actually, they are F-Unc
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 pm

yea jay, that's my point. sets outside of the more popular designations tend to be more niche...and tangos are not really that scarce for type collectors to really fight over.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeah, it is a little crazy - I picked up this gorgeous Jennings at REA for a bid of $500 (+ juice)...again, one of the easier cards from Tango, but a Hall-of-Famer in this kind of shape?!?!? I'm happy!

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Tango_10
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey Pete, That's why they are cheap because "No One Cares". If you like them all the better for you.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:00 pm

dammit...I'm beginning to not care either!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey Lee...didn't you recently pick one up?????? Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Icon_mad
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Tango eggs is one of those sets that has a huge population disparity between cards within the set. You see many, many Jennings and Beschers, but I believe there's only one Cobb known to exist, and several other players are extremely scarce as well.

Kind of similar to the E105 Mello Mint set (try comparing the population of E105 Knights, Youngs, and Lajoies to Cobbs and Mattys)
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:34 am

sabrjay wrote:actually, they are F-Unc

Jay, are you saying those cards are Func(ky)? Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Icon_razz

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 am

No, they are func'd up
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Empty Tangos

Post by Sixtofan Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Cheap and unloved now does not necessarily mean cheap and unloved forever.

If you like them and are happy with the prices buy every one you can!

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtdi Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Tango_eggs_bescher899I'll let this one go for 250 if anyone is interested. Snoopy525@Embarqmail.com

vwtdi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tango eggs are practically...free...but noone cares!!!!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum