Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin'

3 posters

Go down

A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Empty A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin'

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:39 pm

pretty. Just set it to the 60s or 70s and after spending $500 on wimmen and beer, scoff up handfuls of Ansons, a shoebox of assorted Wagners, any Jackson you can grab, and other key items; then back into the machine before anyone misses us! Yeah.

But you know what?
You don't need the time machine. Because the early 70s currently exists in non-sports cards. Most issues are not, or not completely identified, classified, etc. It is a free-for-all. Knowledge is power, just like it would have been in 1968. Stuff, even rare stuff is dirt cheap. You can pick up what looks like high potential items at prices that any of us would consider low risk.

What percentage of your collectible card budget should be diversified into non-sport items? Ask Kevin Saucier.

Visit non-sport town: http://www.network54.com/Forum/526604/

The preceeding is a non sponsered message from Earth.
Gil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Empty Re: A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin'

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:52 pm

I wish the had the money to branch out into non-sports cards. There are so many great looking sets there. When I first got back into baseball cards in 2001, I was collecting early Indian cards. This turned out to be a gold mine and use the sale of that collection to get my baseball card collection jump started.

It's true that most non-sports cards are pretty cheap, but there some, like A&G Indians, Horrors of War and few others that already command serious money. When I first started collecting the A&G Indian Chiefs, N2s (the small version), Ex and better cards could be had for $5 except for the big 4 and the 2 cariations. N36s (the large version) in VG/Ex could be had for $10-25. My Ex/NM Geronimo only cost me $200. 2 years after I started collecting the cards, N2s were going for close to $50-75 each and N36s for $250 and more. Recently a complete sets of N36s in roughly VG/Ex sold for over $28,000 Shocked

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Empty Re: A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin'

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:53 am

Yes Jay,
But those are the high visibility/high ticket items.
What I was hoping to bring out is that there are plenty of rarities to be had inexpensively,
if a collector is willing to put in the research time. Much like existed in baseball cards 30-40 yrs. ago.

Great Dunderhead back !
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:11 am

What would be cool, would be to start a fund for any of us who were interested in picking up some of these cheapy nonsports rarities, and then hold onto them. This would give each of us a stake in the card. Maybe start a Paypal fund where we could all contribute 5, 10, 15 dollars a month to purchase cards. We hold onto them and when they begin to take off, sell them and either reinvest, or split up the procedes to use for what we want.

Keeping track of something like this might be difficult, unless we got a number of peeps interested and went with only those. Silly idea, maybe, but I'd be interested.

Everyone could do research and come to the group with ideas for everyone to add their input.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100A couplea grand and a time machine, and we'd be sittin' Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down