Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Buying Habits

+2
yawie99
bowlingshoeguy
6 posters

Go down

What are your current buying habits?

Current Buying Habits Vote_lcap18%Current Buying Habits Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Current Buying Habits Vote_lcap35%Current Buying Habits Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
Current Buying Habits Vote_lcap0%Current Buying Habits Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Current Buying Habits Vote_lcap18%Current Buying Habits Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Current Buying Habits Vote_lcap29%Current Buying Habits Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

Current Buying Habits Empty Current Buying Habits

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:18 am

I am starting this thread because I am really curious why both the buying and selling has slowed down. An explanation is always in sightful. I personally believe this is a great time to buy and be patient with your purchases if you are looking to resell. For people trying to put sets together the prices generally are at a level from 2 years ago.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Current Buying Habits Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Current Buying Habits Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Current Buying Habits Empty Re: Current Buying Habits

Post by yawie99 Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 am

Buying less, for sure. Not "income problems" necessarily - though that's how I voted - but it's simply hard to justify spending much money on old cardboard in such uncertain times. Plus I need to replenish my savings account after some major home projects last summer. That's kind of a bummer since there probably are deals to be had.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Current Buying Habits Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Current Buying Habits Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk59 Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Steve's answer echoes mine almost exactly. I drastically cut buying in 2008 for a roof, windows and trip to Alaska. I was all set to jump back in when the economy tanked. It's not that there are income problems that keep me from buying. It's that it seems unwise to spend money on something so ... frivolous? when there is so much uncertainty in the air. I'm in manufacturing, and the ice feels thin for everyone in this field.

Also, I know this is wierd but I feel like if I went hog wild on cards I'd be inviting disaster or something. Sort of along the lines of not wanting to jinx myself job-wise by being so cocky and oblivious that I'm out buying baseball cards. So I'll buy some, but will not get back into it like I'd planned until the economy picked up.

Joann
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Current Buying Habits Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Current Buying Habits Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:49 pm

I'd be buying a lot more if I had more money to spend. Once I get moved in with my girlfriend, I will have a bunch of freed up cash to start buying cards on a regular basis.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Current Buying Habits Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Current Buying Habits Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:43 pm

I voted "buying less - nothing to my taste". I think alot of the scarce/unique material is being held onto tightly in this economy. My ebay watchlist has been shorter than ever in recent months, the stuff I like just isn't as available now.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Current Buying Habits Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Current Buying Habits Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 pm

I voted "buying less - nothing to my taste", which was my thinking up until the end of 2008. Over the past week, I've changed my thinking along the same lines as Steve, and Joann. I have some funds available but am being very cautious with them. I want to wait for the dust to settle a bit.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Current Buying Habits Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Current Buying Habits Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down