Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box

3 posters

Go down

OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Empty OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box

Post by TheBig6 Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:27 am

My first OT post on Full Count but due to lack of Material in Pre-30 catagory. I have started picking up a few cards from my childhood days. 1950's.
I was underbidder on this auction and am kinda kicking myself that I didn't set a little bit higher snipe.
Hard to figure what items like this or worth, I guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
Do you think this was a Good buy at the hammer price or not?
Thanks
Jerry
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290284040275&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:1123
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Empty Great piece

Post by nolemmings Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 am

I haven't been in the market for these in a couple years, but the hammer price on that Williams would be a decent deal back then--not great, but good. I have unused boxes of Musial, Feller and Mikan from that small set of 6, and I love 'em. There was a hoard of these found some time back, and the baseball players are generally more available, although maybe that's just my belief and it may be skewed because I search for BB more frequently. I don't see the Snead and Lujack in top shape nearly as often. I think it's a great set, but many are turned off by the "drawing" appearance.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Empty Re: OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box

Post by TheBig6 Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:56 am

Thanks for the Info, Todd
I didn't know there was a find of these.
I understand what you mean by the line drawing, I wouldn't even have looked at it twice if it had been a hand cut card but the Complete mint box made it a whole different Teddy Ballgame.

If you ever want to part with your Stan the Man, Let me know.

Jerry
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Empty Re: OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:16 pm

OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Musial11

I have posted this image before. What I have noticed regarding similar cards is that boxes are often cut up leaving a thin orange border on all four sides, and submitted for grading which nets a PSA 9 or 10; with a corresponding $700.+ price tag for Musial.

My personal preference is for my selection with the rounded corners (and the ad), which indicates to me that the card was really "there". But the "there" is not of importance to everyone.

Last edited by ItsOnlyGil on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because on account of its necessity, I hadta.)
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100OT- By a decade or so: Ted Williams wheaties box Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down