Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immediate Buyers Remorse

+5
sabrjay
cccc
ItsOnlyGil
crazylocomerk
TheBig6
9 posters

Go down

Immediate Buyers Remorse Empty Immediate Buyers Remorse

Post by TheBig6 Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Do you ever buy cards then wish you hadn't before you even get them. It happens to me occasionally, especially when I don't have enough money for aomething I really want and buy something anyway with the limited funds.

Example: A couple days ago, I had a fleeting thought about starting a diamond stars set. The cards are cheaper than what I usually collect and I always liked the set. Now with a couple cards on the way, I have changed my mind.

Oh, Well luckily they didn't cost much, but I could have used the money towards something deadball..
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Immediate Buyers Remorse Empty Re: Immediate Buyers Remorse

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:18 am

I don't know if I've had immediate buyers remorse for a card that I've purchased, but I have had it a month or so down the road, when I think.....hmmmm I wonder why I purchased it.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:54 am

Daimond Stars is Live Ball - the start of what is now !

Forget Deadball - it is a poorman's remake of the 19th Century.

Go for what is real N, W, R cards.
Dump the Es, Ds, Ts, etc. they are all about a unnecessary, nothing, era of repeating what already happened in the 1800s.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:37 am

plenty of time...like when i win something at 5x the amount of the 3rd bid, "omg what did i do???" still haven't learned mallet although i showed great restraint in drawing line at sand in the latest goodwin and sloate's.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:58 am

Gil, I lived in the Golden age of Baseball. I saw Stan Musial, Hank Aaron and Ernie Banks play.

I can only dream about Wahoo Sam knocking a triple off of Walter Johnson or Cobb stealing second and third. I quote the words from the Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride "I Like to Dream"
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:09 am

Jerry, I lived in the Golden age of Baseball. I saw Stan Musial, Hank Aaron and Ernie Banks play.

I can only dream about George Gore and Sliding Billy Hamilton stealing seven bases in a game, Bill Joyce hitting 4 triples in a game, Tim Keefe 1880 = 0.86 ERA, Toad Ramsey getting 17 strikeouts in a game - when you had to record 4 strikes to get a K, and way more.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:42 am

Gil, It's all good buddy.

Immediate Buyers Remorse Keefe2Immediate Buyers Remorse Mattysilk
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:17 pm

cccc wrote:although i showed great restraint in drawing line at sand in the latest goodwin and sloate's.

I'm starting to learn this game too. I'm finally learning to walk away when it's beyond what I'm willing to pay, instead of saying....."well, OK, one more bid and then I'm done", followed by...."OK, one more".
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Never immediate, but later on when I had money I was saving for a rare card, then decided to use it for other cards only to have that rare cards appear shortly afterward.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Jerry, done it myself buddy. Your not alone. One thing I try not to do anymore though is overpay for a very common card. Even if I need it for a set I'm working on. In the past I used to buy it regardless and had to much money tied up in high populated cards that you could pretty much find anywhere at anytime. Now, the only thing I will pretty much overpay for is a card that's much tougher to find or one that is rare that I really want to add to my collection. I'm getting better at not pulling the trigger when it's unnecessary.
Bad thing is though, it took me 12 years to realize it and stop.

Tony A.
frustrated
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:47 pm

TheBig6 wrote:Do you ever buy cards then wish you hadn't before you even get them. It happens to me occasionally, especially when I don't have enough money for aomething I really want and buy something anyway with the limited funds.

Had this happen just last week. Threw down a half-hearted bid on a Scrapps Comiskey and ended up winning it. The price was right but I just haven't had much money for cardboard, let alone $300+ pieces of it. I was almost hoping the seller would back out of the sale since I'm guessing he lost money on the card.

Oh well, it's a nice card, though I'm sure I destroyed a fair amount of its "value," by already breaking it out of its PSA 2 holder since the tiny tape remnant on back will probably land it in an SGC 10 holder, assuming I ever have the dough to send it to Parisippany:

Immediate Buyers Remorse 1888%20Scrapps%20Comiskey%20F
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by zouraspm Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:38 pm

I met a dealer to purchase this card several years ago on my bike. We arranged to meet at his son's house about seven miles away. I took off work early and was brimming with anticipation as it was from an original collection and my first matty white cap. We had already agreed on a price based on a scan of $400. I overlooked what turned out to be two pinholes in the scans he sent and in the light of day they were very evident. Reason would've dictated that I not go forward with the deal, but after pointing it out he reluctantly agreed to knock off $50. Hating to come away from the deal empty-handed and with all that cash in my pocket, I bought it. Needless to say I had buyer's remorse on my bikeride home. Since then I have added another (nicer-though not as clean) matty white cap to my collection, and still have the one below.

Immediate Buyers Remorse Scan0024
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 pm

i think an immediate seller's remorse post would be better, i know i've had quite a few of those. here's the latest:

anybody got an sgc20-30 delahanty for sale? Sad

Immediate Buyers Remorse N172dela
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Immediate Buyers Remorse Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Immediate Buyers Remorse Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Immediate Buyers Remorse Empty Quan....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:46 pm

Don't have any remorse about selling that. The way the market is now, you will find a lower grade soon. righton

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down