Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which RARE BACK would you choose?

+12
hanksta
arandy
psacollector
Square_Frame_Ramly
bowlingshoeguy
crazylocomerk
TheBig6
sabrjay
cccc
Bicem
ullmandds
fisherboy7
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which RARE BACK would you choose?

Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_lcap17%Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_lcap17%Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_lcap13%Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_lcap8%Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_lcap8%Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_lcap20%Which RARE BACK would you choose? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 24

Which RARE BACK would you choose? Empty Which RARE BACK would you choose?

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:21 pm

From this selection of rare backs, which would you choose and why? Assume they're all 'commons' in VG condition.

Vote and discuss yes

#1: Which RARE BACK would you choose? Uzit #2: Which RARE BACK would you choose? T204%20%20TTTback #3: Which RARE BACK would you choose? Back-overprint
#4: Which RARE BACK would you choose? Back-dildock #5: Which RARE BACK would you choose? Back-green-joyce-horiz
#6: Which RARE BACK would you choose? M131r#7: Which RARE BACK would you choose? D355r

Last edited by fisherboy7 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Which RARE BACK would you choose? Empty d355 for me

Post by ullmandds Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:25 pm

I would choose the niagara baking backed e101. This is supposedly impossible to find which is why I chose it.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Which RARE BACK would you choose? Empty Re: Which RARE BACK would you choose?

Post by Bicem Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:37 pm

e107 overprint - don't care about rare backs very much, but that one would fit nicely into my collection.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:42 pm

i don't even know what a green-joyce back is, so i chose that, because i'd love to think there's a green joyce ruth!

yea and i agree stamped back is the biggest scam going in the hobby today. we are too busy cloning sheeps and conducting stem cell research...but within 50 years (it could prolly be done already) the print/stamping field with all their technological advancement will produce a stamp so powerful that it could customize and mimic any type of font/ink/age so that you can pass off stacks of e92s/e94s/e98s/e101s caramel cards to genetically-ehanced and developed chimpanzees working as your personal assistant to stamp away that will render the current "d355s/e98 cigars" nothing more than fodders in our hobby's history and make opie dildock turn over in his grave.

...u may laugh now but we'll see who laughs last! machine
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Oppie Dilldock. How can you not like a name like that?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm not really a back kinda guy ,but I chose the T204. I don't have a T204 in my collection anymore. So, what better one to have than a TTT.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:31 pm

A few random thoughts...

-I personally think the "Niagara Baking" backs are highly overrated. Why do they even deserve a distinct "D355" designation? There's nothing about these cards that distinguishes them from regular E101's besides a stamp that was added post-production. Why aren't they simply called E101 overprints?

-Ramly TTT backs are highly UNDER rated, imo. I don't think the premium they receive on the market reflects their true rarity.

-I agree with Quan's points about overprints. Especially the simple ones like the E98 "Old Put" or the "Niagara Baking" which could be forged fairly easily. Forging a more intricate overprint like the "Oppie Dildock" would be more difficult, but certainly not impossible.

-I voted for the UZIT back. It wasn't an easy choice, but I went with it just because I've always wanted one! Looks like the votes are evenly spread across the 7 backs so far.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:26 pm

I voted for the E94 "Oppie Dildock" Oveprint. I'm a fan of E94's in general, and I've always wanted an overprint version.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:41 pm

I vote for the TTT, I feel it is also underrated. THe overprints to me are overrated, I do not think if would take much to make reproductions of of the overprint.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:30 pm

What about a t205 Drum or Hindu. Now those are some really rare backs.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm

sabrjay wrote:What about a t205 Drum or Hindu. Now those are some really rare backs.

That's for sure. I was gonna put T205 Hindu in the poll, but I couldn't find a scan of one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hindu the scarcest T205 back (even tougher than Drum)?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Which RARE BACK would you choose? Empty I picked...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:13 pm

E107 overprint.

The TTT Ramly is not all that rare in my opinion. I would call them scarce though.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 pm

I agree with everyone above who have stated that the Niagara Baking, E94 overprints, E98 overprints are overrated. Cards stamped with cheap stamps after the productions process just don't do anything for me these days.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:22 pm

There was a small find of Drum back t205s a while back. I don't have a picture of a Hindu beyond what is pictured in Lew's book. I can't remember the last time I saw a Hindu for sale

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:09 am

I might be wrong but I thought Drum was the rarest back.
-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:15 am

arandy wrote:I might be wrong but I thought Drum (T205) was the rarest back.

I think it's close, but you could very well be right, Randy. T205 Drums could be slightly tougher. Hard for a non-expert like myself to say with certainty, since they're both so seldomly seen. Josh Levine wrote a T205 article that likely has some helpful data related to this discussion (anyone have it handy?).

Clearly the T205 Hindu's are far more scarce than T206 Hindu's (even Red Hindu's). I'd also argue that T205 Drums are somewhat tougher than T206 Drums, but the scarcity difference between them isn't nearly as extreme as the difference between T205 and T206 Hundu's.

Which RARE BACK would you choose? 11-88

(managed to find a t205 Hindu scan - it's actually the avatar of board member "lentel")
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:49 am

I have a copy of Josh's database on backs and combined it with mine. There are more different players verified with a Drum back than Hindu. This doesn't necessarily mean there are more total cards with Drum backs, but that would be safe a guess.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm

How about the T207 Red Cross?

Oh boy would that be nice... drool
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:29 pm

I'll take a (T206? insane ) Ty Cobb back please...

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:56 pm

I know this set is not that popular but what about a Red Sun s74 silk?

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Red Sun isn't that uncommon for that set. If you want rare for that set, try to find a Helmar.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:03 am

Which RARE BACK would you choose? Toytownstamp1
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 am

not the dreaded Toy Town stamp. Do you own that? If so, do you have the whole play set. The only play set I know of is missing the stamp.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:29 am

Wow....a toy town stamp! Very cool. Is the ink pad original too? Is it purple ink??
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:45 am

Richard's Toy Town stamper article can be found in Old Cardboard #15 by the way.

And if you don't subscribe to Old Cardboard... insane
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next