Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will reserve be met...

+3
cccc
sabrjay
Square_Frame_Ramly
7 posters

Go down

Will reserve be met... Empty Will reserve be met...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:51 pm

I never out an auction but i was wondering others opinions on this cabinet card.

Will reserve be met?

1895 cabinet Jake Stenzel

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Will reserve be met... Empty Re: Will reserve be met...

Post by sabrjay Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:46 am

my guess would be no, unless the reserve is around $700. Great image, but there just aren't enough collectors looking for images of relatively unknown players with no baseball cards.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:52 am

almost at $500, the reserve should've been met already.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm

wow, $1500.

Will reserve be met... Stenzelcab
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:06 am

cabinets are hot! Very Happy
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 am

Here's the big question...I thought eBay required all sellers to take PayPal or credit cards as of Oct 20th. This auction started Oct 27th and it states in the auction he doesn't take PayPal and he is a powerseller no less.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:25 pm

I actually think the piece went pretty low. Had I not spent all my money in Huggins & Scott and 19th Cenury only I would have bid quite a bit on Mr. Stenzel. I'm kinda surprised at the little respect he is getting here. He is a lifetime .339 hitter and played during the baseball card "dark ages" (1891-1899) and has very little available. It is kinda funny that most baseball historians will gush over Bill "Little Eva" Lange but Stenzel has almost identical stats (actually a tiny bit better) gets less love. Stenzel is also famous for his Cincinnati version of the famous Nuf Ced bar. His "Baseball Exchange was located o"opposite" Cincinnati's ballpark and was a famous haunt for players, etc. He even put out an incredibly rare set of pinbacks that are listed in the SCD (I will show some later when I have a bit of time.)
-Rhett

Last edited by rhettyeakley on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 pm

rhettyeakley wrote:He even put out an incredibly rare set of pinbacks that are listed in the SCD (I will show some later when I have a bit of time.)

Hey Rhett, I recall a large group of the Stenzel pins being auctioned off on ebay a few years ago. Wish I made a play for one or two. Did you land any from that group? Would love to see your scans when you have a chance.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:47 pm

I knew was a decent player in his day. You are right, he gets no respect, even from SABR geeks. They love Lange for some reason. You are right, for those that want a picture of the best players from that era, this is or a team photo are the only way you are going to get a picture of him

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 am

Here is Stenzel's only "mass produced" (if you can even call Cameo Pepsin's mass-produced) item, his 1898 Cameo Pepsin Pin:
Will reserve be met... Cameopepsinstenzel

I landed 4 of the ones listed on ebay several years ago, I was really happy that I got the Donlin. I haven't seen another example of any player since.
Will reserve be met... Stenzeldonlin Will reserve be met... Stenzelharper Will reserve be met... Stenzelpietz Will reserve be met... Stenzelsutthoff

All examples I have seen of these that still had their inner backings have the "Stenzel's BB Exchange" back except the Heinie Pietz I have, he has the "Petibone" back (they produced the pins for Stenzel). Here are the back's...
Will reserve be met... Stenzelbacks

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Will reserve be met... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Will reserve be met... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:54 am

very cool stuff. Thanks for posting it.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down