Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy with a dumb question

2 posters

Go down

New guy with a dumb question Empty New guy with a dumb question

Post by t206head Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 am

so I picked this book up about a year ago and just really sat down and looked at it tonight ,and I saw that it has an autograph on the cover now I don't do autographs or old books at all so my question is ...
1. is it part of the cover?
2. can it say fred beck!!!
3. were can I send It to find out ? thank you BOBNew guy with a dumb question Sc005b10
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
New guy with a dumb question Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100New guy with a dumb question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

New guy with a dumb question Empty Re: New guy with a dumb question

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:19 pm

t206head wrote:so I picked this book up about a year ago and just really sat down and looked at it tonight ,and I saw that it has an autograph on the cover now I don't do autographs or old books at all so my question is ...
1. is it part of the cover?
2. can it say fred beck!!!
3. were can I send It to find out ? thank you BOB

Hey Bob...there are no dumb questions on this board.

1. No it is not part of the cover.

2. It's actually the signature of Clyde E. Beck. He played in the Majors for 6 years, all with the Cubs (1926-1931). Back in the old days he used to sign his name C. E. Beck. As he got older, he would sign it Clyde E. Beck.

3. You don't need to now.

Disclosure: I'm not an autograph expert, nor do I collect them, but I'm 100% certain I'm correct on the sig. Plus he is 1 of only 2 Beck's that played in the era that matches that ball type on the cover (the other is Walter Beck).
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
New guy with a dumb question Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100New guy with a dumb question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:38 am

Eric ,thank you very much for your response. It was a real eye opener to the vast knowledge of baseball history that is available and openly shared on this forum. thank you BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
New guy with a dumb question Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100New guy with a dumb question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:01 pm

Thank you for the kind words Bob. And I'm glad I could help!
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
New guy with a dumb question Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100New guy with a dumb question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down