Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Talk

+2
sabrjay
fisherboy7
6 posters

Go down

NFL Talk Empty NFL Talk

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:50 am

Crazy week 1. I'm not a Pats fan, but as a NFL fan, it sucks to see Brady go down. Taking away a prime season from one of the all time greats is a damn shame.

Colston on the Saints also got hurt but they're a powerhouse even without him. Brees is gonna deal this year with Shockey at TE and Bush finally busting out. Watch out for promising rooks Pierre Thomas and Robert Meachem as well.

I'm a closet Bills fan, and for the first time in a long time, they're looking like they could contend. Lynch is an animal, gonna steamroll everyone, and he's got quicks too. And Edwards will take a step up and be solidly average. Their defense is amped up this year.

Hate to say it but those Cowboys are looking SCARY, don't know if anything can get in their way, outside of major injuries to Romo/Barber/Owens.

double gun help

What say you about the NFL? Who's your team?

Last edited by fisherboy7 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

NFL Talk Empty Re: NFL Talk

Post by sabrjay Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:08 am

Go Edmonton Eskimos

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:13 am

Well, I hate to admit it but I'm a Texans fan because it's my home team.
I hate the Cowboys with a passion, as long as they don't win the Superbowl, I don't care what they do.

The way the Steelers dominated us in the first game, they look like they are going to be a powerhouse this year and could possibily end up in the Superbowl.

The Cowboys play the Eagles this weekend and McNabb looks like he has his swagger back, so maybe they can prevail over the Cowgirls.

Ben, The Bills look like they are headed in the right direction and with Brady hurt opens up the AFC east for the taking.

Weird weekend last weekend with the Chargers, Jacksonville, and the Colts all Losing.

We play the Ravens this weekend, Hurricane permitting, so another tough Defense to contend with as they dominated the Bengals and punished Carson Palmer.

I miss Earl Campbell, LOL
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 am

i used to like the cowboys back in the triplet days...who doesn't love those '89 score aikman or '80 supp score emmitt rc cards!, but there's something about romo that's very off-putting to me. the guy seems to perpetually not show up in big games.

i'm not a huge football homer like the rest of america but i'm rooting for aaron rodgers to succeed, that'd be great. it's also looking like vince young could be a big bust.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:59 pm

I'm a Detroit Lions fan. It's been a tough last decade, but I'm hoping this year will be their breakout year. That first game against ATL was horrible, and I hope that's not a sign of what's to come yet again. They have a running game for the first time in a while, and their receivers are wicked. OL stinks, and their defense is very suspect.

Living out here in Jersey and watching Detroit suck for so many years, I've developed into a JETS fan also. It's OK since they are in the AFC. Last year when they picked up Thomas Jones, it really got me watching all their games (plus I HATE the Giants). I went to high school with Thomas Jones.
Then add this year's acquisition of Brett Favre, and I'm in heaven. I lived in Wisconsin for 6 years and always caught Packer games and I've always been in awe of what he was able to do. Plus he has fun when he plays and brings fun to the game. My wife is a die hard Packer fan (born and raised in Wisconsin), so she was heartbroken when he left. Anyway, the Jets are creeping up to a very close second.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 am

Go TorBuf Bills!

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:47 am

How about that Cowboys/Eagles MNF game? Wow. Barber and Westbrook were unreal.

ps. Bills 2-0.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
NFL Talk Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100NFL Talk Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:02 am

when does the NASL season start?