Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buried in Collections

3 posters

Go down

Buried in Collections Empty Buried in Collections

Post by TheBig6 Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Which Pre-War issue/Set has the most cards that survive but rarely come up for sale.
In other words, which set is most buried in Collections.
My guess would be N173's.
Probally 1000's survive but seldom come up for sale.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Buried in Collections Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Buried in Collections Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Buried in Collections Empty Re: Buried in Collections

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:53 pm

I agree on N173's. There are a few collectors with large holdings of N173's that haven't seen the market in many years. And I don't see that changing any time soon.

The same holds true for scarcer 19th century issues like Yum Yums, G&B's, SF Hess which are almost all tucked away in advanced collections. But I'd venture to guess that the population of cards from those sets combined doesn't equal the number of N173's extant today.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Buried in Collections Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Buried in Collections Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by mzm55 Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 pm

I, too, share similar thoughts about N173 cabinets. I was recently able to view a West Coast collection and was shocked when the collector pulled out shoe box with well over 100 different N173, maybe even 150. Though this isn't common, I know of a few other collectors with large collections of them (large is a relative term) and I'm sure there are others.

mzm55
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Buried in Collections Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Buried in Collections Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum