Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhibit stock colors

2 posters

Go down

Exhibit stock colors Empty Exhibit stock colors

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:28 am

I have single player Exhibit Supply Co. cards with b/w and sepia fronts that have backs which are a shade of white. I came across a 4 on 1 with red/black images, which is produced on red colored cardstock.

Four on ones come in a variety of colors. Are all of these colors achieved by varying the color of the cardstock? How about the single player cards of some years which occur in green or blue, for example? Are those on white cardstock?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Exhibit stock colors Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Exhibit stock colors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Exhibit stock colors Empty Re: Exhibit stock colors

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:30 am

Hmmm wish I had an answer for you, Gil, but I've never collected exhibits. I suppose we should smoke signal the exhibitman/warshawlaw on this one Question

Bet he'd know.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Exhibit stock colors Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Exhibit stock colors Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Ben,
This post is a scratching at the surface of a subject. Here is the subject:

A colleague purchased a red/black w517 Grove mini.
When Adam and FKW were contacted regarding the legitimacy of the card, both indicated that if it was cut from a 4 on 1, it would exhibit deep red stock on the back. I did not know this. And I question the usefulness of a postcard (back) printed on deep red stock (but that is a seperate diversion).

The printing of some 4 on 1s on colored stock is potentially a simple diagnostic for assessment of the legitimacy of w517 minis. I was hoping that someone would respond with a list of a few colored stocks applicable to 4 on 1s which can be used to establish whether the mini is of w517 or Exhibit origin.

In this case, the mini had an off-white cardstock, so all is well there (other than the trimming which is common). Thank you for your consideration.

Gil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Exhibit stock colors Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Exhibit stock colors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down