transaction problem--what would you do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

transaction problem--what would you do?

Post by nolemmings on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:05 pm

At the end of February, I won 4 R315s from a seller on ebay, for $261 inc/shipping. Through some miscommunication as to shipping charges, I did not send payment until 3/14. Payment was by US postal money order, as seller would not take paypal.
I handed the envelope to the postal worker myself. I think you know where this is going.

Seller has not received payment. He has been patient, but soon something will need to be done. I sent him a scan of the Money Order receipt, and I am confident he believes that it was sent. I told him I was really reluctant to cough up another $261, and that the USPS will not refund for a lost money order for 60 days--per the instructions on the receipt anyway. I suppose if I really want the cards, and I think I do, then I have to send him more $$$. I could also ask him him to just forget the whole deal, and process the postal refund paperwork when the time comes (can you say headache?). Any other options come to mind? What would you do?
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
4 / 1004 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

well....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:54 pm

the thing is...if USPS does a trace and finds that the MO was cashed then it may be tough getting your $ back. Don't send anymore money to this guy, you don't want to be out even more.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
15 / 10015 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: transaction problem--what would you do?

Post by ItsOnlyGil on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Send the new money order without delay. Thank the seller for being understanding while you auditioned for his hapless buyer of the month award.
Smile
Coming up with an extra, interim $261. is inconvenient in the lives of most real people. The seller may be one of us, he is behaving as if he is.

Ummm.... after reading Mark's input, I'd like to add:
" ... provided that he has good feedback, that is."
righton
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
2 / 1002 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: transaction problem--what would you do?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top