Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling Spooky

2 posters

Go down

Feeling Spooky Empty Feeling Spooky

Post by jbonie Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm back.  Sometimes you get tired of posting, sometimes you get sick of not posting.  Well, I got sick of not posting so I decided to come back a little early.  Sigh.  Maybe it's the time of year, but sometimes I just get frustrated.

I thought I'd share with you some cool stuff I've learned about the FBI from my experiences over the last year.  This not everything, but it is some pretty cool info, imo.  Make of it what you want.

The first thing that everyone should know, if you don't already, is that Google, Inc. is like a right arm of the government.  This is the real reason they moved out of China, imo.

In fact the FBI is very tightly intertwined with Google and can control and manipulate all of their applications.  This includes Gmail, Droid phone (particularly the Droid), as well as Google internet search results.

GMail:  They can move around the app pretty much as they wish, for instance, they can mark an unread message in your gmail account as "read" and vice versa, and so forth.  And of course, anything you write in gmail is seen by the federal gov't.  This applies even if you don't send the message or edit.  They can even view your edits.

Android Phone  Well, this will sound incredible, but the FBI can manipulate your Android phone.  They can make a certain screen come up, if they want you to download an application, they can make it so your phone is frozen on the app until it's downloaded (in my instance it was Orbot, a private web browser).  

It goes without saying that they can also monitor all the interaction on your phone, for instance, whether you put in a specific location on Maps, etc.

Google Search Results:  The Feds can change search results in an instant.  They can simply click and drag to change the order that results appear, and they can omit certain results if they wish.  It all happens very quickly and easily for them.

Anyways, all this is just, I don't want to say the tip of the iceberg, but it's about half of what I know.  There are some ways that they can manipulate your phone which are just jaw-dropping.  But that will have to wait for the convention, where it can reach a broader audience than our wee message board.

You might wonder why I would write this, I think it's to everyone's benefit.  I believe in the free exchange of information, that's why we have message boards.  Letting people know these things doesn't really change anything, but it does let folks realize how easily our rights can be infringed upon.

I hope that nobody finds all this stuff too creepy, but hey, Halloween is just around the corner, and as I said, if you want to learn more, come to the convention, where I will be writing about it in The Pine Tar.

And if anyone doesn't like me writing about it, too bad, I say.  Live free or die. nahnahnah
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Feeling Spooky Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Feeling Spooky Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Feeling Spooky Empty Re: Feeling Spooky

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Good thing I have nothing to hide! I love halloween...the one day...or week these days when you can be whatever...or whomever you want!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Feeling Spooky Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Feeling Spooky Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:35 pm

It's not about whether you have nothing to hide, it's about our rights as human beings.  Daniel Ellsberg calls us "The United Stasi of America".  Just wait until the convention this summer, and you will see just how deeply the federal government can infiltrate our private lives... and learn how to evade them.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Feeling Spooky Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Feeling Spooky Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:51 pm

which "convention" are you referring to, Jamie?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Feeling Spooky Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Feeling Spooky Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:52 pm

are u going to be a guest speaker at the net54 dinner???? bananarama
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast