Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy 4th of July!!!

4 posters

Go down

Happy 4th of July!!! Empty Happy 4th of July!!!

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Have a great 4th and be safe!

Happy 4th of July!!! 10325610
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th of July!!! Empty Re: Happy 4th of July!!!

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Due to lousy weather, we all celebrated yesterday in Boston. Happy July 3rd!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:12 pm

Jay, that's the truth. Breaking in my new 5 foot tall wonka-smoker today. It is completely ridiculous. Very Happy  Found this outdoor woodstove for $50, replaced 20 fire brick $40, added a "T" and a two foot and three foot length of 8" pipe $25, piped into 2 - 55 gallon drums I picked up from Central Washington University surplus warehouse $20. For less than $150 I built this monstrosity with enough rack space available to smoke 75-100 lbs. of meat, poultry or seafood at a time. The hardest part was elevating the drums to eye level, and finding proper placement for the thermometers. It stands about 8 feet in height to the top of the barrels. Hope to make some great product.

Happy 4th of July!!! DSC01609_zps63ac9d25

Have a Happy and Safe Fourth of July everyone.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm not seeing any barrels. Are there supposed to be more pictures?
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:13 pm

That's an awesome smoker.  Maybe you can invite me over for something to eat?  I managed to get myself thrown out of a restaurant today - they weren't too enthusiastic about showing the France vs. Germany World Cup match.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:11 am

happy 4th of july...i got my lou gehrig bobblehead doll and had the pleasure of watching the yankees spank the twinkies...again!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:02 am

ullmandds wrote:happy 4th of july...i got my lou gehrig bobblehead doll and had the pleasure of watching the yankees spank the twinkies...again!!!

You and your bald head can be proud!  Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:45 am

sabrjay wrote:I'm not seeing any barrels. Are there supposed to be more pictures?

Just breaking in the stove today. No new brick installed, but a good apple wood fire in order to clean the inside of the furnace (Makes it easier to scrape, scrub, & sand). Probably need to run a couple more fires to "cure" the inside and get rid of whatever debris may have been through the unit. Sand and prep for paint the exterior later this week. That also needs to be "cured". Later installation of the T and barrels by August depending on resources. One of a couple projects. Will update with photos if interested...
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Happy 4th of July!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Happy 4th of July!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:33 pm

jbonie wrote:That's an awesome smoker.  Maybe you can invite me over for something to eat?

Thanks Jamie, this unit is going to be set-up for deer/elk pepper sticks, salmon, and turkey. I seldom have 75 lbs. of beef in the chest freezer. Deer/Elk season opens September 1, and many friends return from Alaska after the pinks & coho run in late August with 50 lbs boxes of salmon fillets. Turkey season is not until April 15 next year. So, it would be nice to have it done by the end of the summer. I've got the same smoker/grill as Jay, the Char-Griller, a much easier BBQ to handle for company. If you're ever in central Washington feel free to stop by. I BBQ every Sunday, food is always ready at 3pm.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down