Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Go down

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Empty Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Post by ullmandds on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Kind of like the words on a resume...the "buzz" words have changed over the years...I've been out of the job seeking market so long I wouldn't know how to write a resume!!!!!!

But relating to the hobby...what are some of your favorite "buzz-words" or "claims" people use to describe/promote their wares???

Personally one of my favorites is the "one of a kind" phenomenon...where almost every card has become one of a kind due to the print variations...centering/off centering...provenance of ownership...fact the owner hasn't seen another...blah blah blah!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Empty Re: Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Post by sabrjay on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:55 pm

haha, every card in my collection is one of a kind because no other card has the same registration, centering or wear as any other card mallet 

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. When I do this at home I get arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

View user profile http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Empty Re: Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Post by pariah1107 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:53 pm

"Wet Transfer" or "Ghost Image".

Are these two terms interchangeable? I'm having a harder time believing these corrupted cards were produced by the manufacturer, rather than a result of poor handling over the last one hundred years, or worse, just faked.

As a result I have stacked all of my w514's face-to-face, soaked them, then bombarded them with UV until the desired effect is achieved, marked them up 1000% and listed them as a "one of a kind Shoeless Joe Jackson ghost image" on my Pickles Dilhoefer, auction starts at $1,000.Very Happy

Or just, "Ghost on my Pickle" to maximize views.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

with tpg picking up steam...UNDERGRADED
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:24 am

"Highest graded (or, only graded) example on the PLANET."

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:06 pm

ValKehl wrote:"Highest graded (or, only graded) example on the PLANET."  
Especially when connected to a common t206

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. When I do this at home I get arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

View user profile http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down