Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

5 posters

Go down

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Empty Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Post by ullmandds Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Kind of like the words on a resume...the "buzz" words have changed over the years...I've been out of the job seeking market so long I wouldn't know how to write a resume!!!!!!

But relating to the hobby...what are some of your favorite "buzz-words" or "claims" people use to describe/promote their wares???

Personally one of my favorites is the "one of a kind" phenomenon...where almost every card has become one of a kind due to the print variations...centering/off centering...provenance of ownership...fact the owner hasn't seen another...blah blah blah!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Empty Re: Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Post by sabrjay Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:55 pm

haha, every card in my collection is one of a kind because no other card has the same registration, centering or wear as any other card mallet 
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Empty Re: Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so

Post by pariah1107 Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:53 pm

"Wet Transfer" or "Ghost Image".

Are these two terms interchangeable? I'm having a harder time believing these corrupted cards were produced by the manufacturer, rather than a result of poor handling over the last one hundred years, or worse, just faked.

As a result I have stacked all of my w514's face-to-face, soaked them, then bombarded them with UV until the desired effect is achieved, marked them up 1000% and listed them as a "one of a kind Shoeless Joe Jackson ghost image" on my Pickles Dilhoefer, auction starts at $1,000.Very Happy

Or just, "Ghost on my Pickle" to maximize views.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 pm

with tpg picking up steam...UNDERGRADED
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:24 am

"Highest graded (or, only graded) example on the PLANET."

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:06 pm

ValKehl wrote:"Highest graded (or, only graded) example on the PLANET."  
Especially when connected to a common t206
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hobby buzzwords the last decade or so Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down