Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrations in sports

4 posters

Go down

Celebrations in sports Empty Celebrations in sports

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm

So I'm reading a story about the red sox celebrating advancing in the alcs...and in typical fashion the players are wearing ski goggles or swim goggles to protect their precious eyes from the celebratory sting of the champagne.

When did this ritual begin...of players wearing protective eyewear at champagne celebrations?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Celebrations in sports Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Celebrations in sports Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Celebrations in sports Empty Re: Celebrations in sports

Post by sabrjay Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 pm

They are all a bunch of wusses. They only time champagne should be popped in celebration is when you win the World Series. Not for an LCS or any other playoff game.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Celebrations in sports Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Celebrations in sports Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 pm

sabrjay wrote:They are all a bunch of wusses.  They only time champagne should be popped in celebration is when you win the World Series. Not for an LCS or any other playoff game.
Not sure I would mind it if a team won the pennant, that would be permissible, but definitely not for winning a playoff series. Gimme a break.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Celebrations in sports Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Celebrations in sports Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Think I saw some bubbly at the one game playoff. Just a waste of good champagne. Celebrations, in general, are ridiculous without a ring to show for it.

As for the goggles, it's probably mandated by OSHA. Very Happy 

I have never had the luxury of champagne in the eyes, but imagine I would be too deliriously happy to care. Besides I prefer the "Champagne of Beers".
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Celebrations in sports Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Celebrations in sports Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

For mass produced domestic swill, Miller High Life is as good as it gets.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Celebrations in sports Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Celebrations in sports Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down