Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early Ruth cards trending higher!!!

+3
cccc
seablaster
ullmandds
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Empty Early Ruth cards trending higher!!!

Post by ullmandds Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 pm

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Empty Re: Early Ruth cards trending higher!!!

Post by seablaster Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 am

ullmandds wrote:with an unsightly caramel stain artfully described away.

That was definitely skillful. laughing

I think your timing on the FM was fortuitous Pete. It looks like the M101-4/5 tide is still elevating the remainder of his cards. It seems like it has been going on for awhile now. Will it subside? I think yes, but the water won't recede so to speak.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Empty Re: Early Ruth cards trending higher!!!

Post by cccc Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 am

pete has a nice e121 up his sleeve so he's over the moon.

7-8 years back i got a few nice 1920's ruth because they were selling for at least 1/2 of the goudeys. i guess more collectors stopped looking at beckett guide that says the '33 goudey is his rookie. the pitching pose has always been popular tho.

i think a collins mccarthy or boston store has probably gained the most out of all the ruths the last 10 years.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 am

ha ha...not so sure about my timing!!!!! one year earlier than I bought would have been really...really fortuitous!!!!!!! But I did get my e122 Ruth for a great price...years ago!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:01 am

quan...my E122 is much...much tougher than an e121!!!!!! nahnahnah
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 am

A few yrs ago exhibits and strips could have been had for a song as well! It seems most ruths have dramatically appreciated...except Goudeys!!!

I think all ruth rookie/2nd yr cards have skyrocketed the last year or two!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 am

The e122 ruth in goodwin sold last may in heritage for $4800 or so...looks like someone will make a nice profit for a 1 yr investment!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:44 am

Yeah. Not having a Ruth in my collection, I regret not being slightly more aggressive on some of the ones over the past few years. frustrated It is just too difficult to predict trends in this hobby.

One of the iconic cards in the hobby is the Goudey #144. I think when well centered with nice registration, it makes for a beautiful card. I haven't been following them recently, but I remember nice 5/60s going north of $3K.

The Boston Store set is just brutal so I can understand its value. I was trying for the HOFers in low grade and only acquired 2 in 18 months before I pushed the eject button.

Would you guys consider this a peak market to sell Ruth cards?
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:56 am

Who knows if this is a peak market?!?! There's no way to know?! I thought T206 rare backs couldn't go higher and they just keep going and going!!!!!

There are still Ruths out there that can be had cheap...I'd get one of those if u could before they go up! Ruth is the bluest of the blue chip and should hold their values...I think!!!

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm guessing that Baltimore News Ruth in the upcoming REA auction is going to go for a really insane price since all the other known examples are tied up in collections where they will never see the light of day again for a very long time.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:29 am

Just having reviewed the REA extended preview, there is a Collins McCarthy Ruth in there with great eye appeal. I'm interested in seeing where this one ends up.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

I think the Collins McCarthy Ruth's rise of late has been more interesting than the Baltimore News. I doubt we'll see much appreciation of that BN Ruth, but the CM Ruth will be a 6 figure card, IMO.

It will be interesting to see which goes higher and by how much... the BN News Ruth or the T206 Wagner. I'll venture a guess that the BN Ruth will edge out the Wagner.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Brian...agreed! IT's funny as all ruth rookies...hell all early ruth cards...whether BN...or the m101 issues...or the E121-122's are all rarer than the t206 wagner in sheer #'s.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:31 pm

...don't get me started on "rarer than the T206 Wagner"!

There are so many cards that should be worth more than the T206... not just from scarcity alone, but from hobby importance. ...but I digress.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Sorry Brian...calm down!!!!!!!!!!! Want a valium?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Pete, if you're in the generous prescription writing mood...
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

ullmandds wrote:Brian...agreed! IT's funny as all ruth rookies...hell all early ruth cards...whether BN...or the m101 issues...or the E121-122's are all rarer than the t206 wagner in sheer #'s.

Really? E121 Ruth more rare than t206 Wagner? I find that hard to believe. There have to be more than 100 E121 Ruths out there, no?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

ullmandds wrote:Sorry Brian...calm down!!!!!!!!!!! Want a valium?

Thanks for the offer, doc, but I'll pass.

Very Happy
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:16 pm

I don't know Ben...look at the pop reports and extrapolate?!?! I know with e122 there are less that 20 graded...if even that many?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:21 pm

That's E122....those are tougher than e121. And as you know, pop reports aren't an accurate reflection!

Pretty sure a larger % of T206 Wagners are slabbed vs. E121 Ruths. I'd venture to guess that there are at least 2-3x more E121 Ruths than t206 Wagners.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Early Ruth cards trending higher!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:38 pm

not sure if I agree with you there Ben. cock fight to decide who wins?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:53 pm

How Dominican of you, Pete!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 pm

I'd make a good dominican!!!!! I love domino...brugal....presidente...and merengue!!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:09 pm

You forgot the two best things.....baseball and latin women!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 pm

ha ha...yes I sure did!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum