Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set...

+6
Bicem
sabrjay
fisherboy7
terjung
jbonie
seablaster
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set...

Post by jbonie Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm

One thing that Legendary might do is auction off the individual cards and the set simultaneously, so if the set goes for more than the combined value of the individual cards, someone wins the set.

If that happens, it's possible that a collector could jump in with 3-4mn bucks and just buy the entire set. I will not be that fellow, but there are probably a few people out there who could do it.

There could also be some dastardly reserves on the cards to make sure they don't go at a discount - who knows? scratch
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set...

Post by terjung Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Since they are spreading the E107s over 5 separate auctions, I can't see the "whole set" vs. "individual cards" being an option.

Undoubtedly, though, flooding the market with so many will soften the market for them. I don't know who posted the above comment, but it sounds like Brockelman. I agree with that statement. Certain, specific cards will fly though.

terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 pm

terjung wrote:Since they are spreading the E107s over 5 separate auctions, I can't see the "whole set" vs. "individual cards" being an option.

Oh, okay, I hadn't realized that... thought it was all at once.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I also didn't realise it was being spread over 5 auctions...that's smarter I suppose!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

terjung wrote:I don't know who posted the above comment, but it sounds like Brockelman. I agree with that statement. Certain, specific cards will fly though.

Was actually me from the 2013 collecting goals thread. I do often get confused with Brockelman though, but mostly for my super human strength.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 am

Bicem wrote:
terjung wrote:I don't know who posted the above comment, but it sounds like Brockelman. I agree with that statement. Certain, specific cards will fly though.

Was actually me from the 2013 collecting goals thread. I do often get confused with Brockelman though, but mostly for my super human strength.

Babe magnet, power lifter, and deadwar baseball aficionado. The triple threat!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 am

It looks like Wagner and Chance are making some moves.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Wags sold for 105K or so...I didn't see where the chance ended?! I tried to pick up a few e107's but got outbid on all in the end! Some stronger prices last night although cobb topping/pinkerton pc's sold cheap!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Wagner ended at $125.5k
Chance ended at $38.8k
Clarke ended at $21.5k
Kelley ended at $16.7k
Dahlen (NY) ended at $17.9k
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Brian...those prices are decent...honestly I thought the wags was somewhat of a deal!!!! Many of the high grade commons went pretty reasonably?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:13 pm

ullmandds wrote:Brian...those prices are decent...honestly I thought the wags was somewhat of a deal!!!! Many of the high grade commons went pretty reasonably?!

I thought the Wagner went for a steal. I was conservatively projecting $160-175k on it. (at least I thought it was conservative)
It could easily have been a $250k card and is just plain stupidly undervalued when compared to the T206.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm

If I had the coin, I wouldn't have hesitated to push Wags to $200k. Like you, I think it's a legit $250k card. Especially since it's one of the highest graded and far rarer than it's t206 counterpart.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 pm

I thought Wags would go for $175-200k. Both Dahlen cards will be a steal because he will see the HOF soon. Dahlen was only two votes shy last time; I think it's a good chance he'll get in with White and O'Day out of the way.

OJ's just got clobbered. Many of them didn't have really good images, but even then the prices were low. And a SGC 60 Sam Thompson with a strong image went for only $1200.

Last year, my SGC 10 Sam Thompson sold at Goodwin for $1350, and it had a stain right near his face. Either we are seeing the demise of OJ's, or Legendary is seriously missing some bidders.

Either way, the money just wasn't there.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:08 pm

I think the market for the e107 wags is so thin...similar to other 19th c rarities that it'll never achieve the valuation respect it deserves.

It's kinda sad that the true rarities in the hobby "rarely" warrant suitable valuations?!?!

While common rarities within t206 keep shooting into the stratosphere.

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by shammus Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey guys, sorry I'm arriving at this discussion kinda late but I thought I'd chime in on the e107 Type 2 and overprint discussion.

I made a "run" at a Type 2 set several years back. In total, I had 6 of the 8 players - Leach, Doyle, Keeler, Delehanty, Waddell and Lajoie. Most of the examples I've owned have been thicker than Type 1s and consisted of a "greyish" paper stock to give the entire card a dull grey look. A couple that I've seen, however, such as the Delehanty I had were white as a cue ball. The only cards in any set that I've seen with such a white/clean look to them came off of advertising sheets or notebook covers. I had an n162 Brouthers at one point as well as a bunch of the e95/e96 Notebook cards that matched this description. While of course, no proof is out there, I came to the conclusion that the Type 2s that were white came off of an advertising piece of some sort where as the greyish ones more than likely came from a small, thin box which may have even held the small packages of candy that also contained the Type 1s. I always got the feeling just looking at the greyish Type 2s, that they were cut off of something made of that greyish cardboard stock, which just looks just like a "box-lid" sort of material IMO.

Currently, all handcut e107s get lumped into the "Type 2" catagory, but I believe that you could honestly make a case for a "Type 3" Type as well since it was clear to me that two entirely different paper stocks were used on these cards.

As for the Overprint, I had made the suggestion that these actually came from some sort of a redemption promotion where people sent in cards or even walked up to a display booth with cards, got them stamped and possibly received a ball or something in return. The cards were then discarded afterwards which is why you see so few of them amongst the e107s already low popuplation counts. This would explain why a Type 2 exists with the Overprint stamp. You can easily see some kid cutting up the little greyish cardboard box and turning in the Delehanty in order to "redeem" it.

I'm just going by memory here as it's been several years since I kept tabs on e107s. I did win the Keeler in last night's auction so maybe I'll start paying a little more attention to them...who knows...heh

Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 13123110

shammus
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:27 pm

good stuff, Brian...thanks!!!! nice pick up!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Congrats Brian, the Keeler is a nice pose of a great player. E107's are not my cup of tea, but that is one beautiul batch of them in the Sullivan collection.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Nice acquisition Brian.

I was following the E107s to gauge the market for them and to discern the level of competition for the ones to be sold in the future.

After what you guys said about the Wagner, I kept expecting it to creep up and up while two whales were fighting it out. It ended up bringing T210 Shoeless Joe type money.

The auction seemed to end pretty early as well, but I wasn't really pursuing anything.

Predictions for the future? Better or worse prices? I vote the same; similar levels.

seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:10 pm

terjung wrote:Dahlen (NY) ended at $17.9k

Whenever a Dahlen (NY) shows up, regardless of set, it brings out the worst in bidders. Shocked
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by shammus Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks guys....I appreciate the kind words Smile

shammus
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Interesting results on the first batch. I thought the high grade commons went for good prices. I was the underbidder on the SGC 60 Van Haltren (2750 after juice). Kinda wish I went one increment higher, but I'll have more chances in the coming batches. Still, a nice buying opportunity for E107 collectors, you don't see many cards from this set in better than VG condition.

BTW, nice pickup Brian!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 pm

BigGuy219 wrote:

Whenever a Dahlen (NY) shows up, regardless of set, it brings out the worst in bidders. Shocked

congrats...again chris? Razz

wagner seems low but it is what it is with caramel cards right now, that's the market. a t210 jackson 4 would certainly break 200k easily right now.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Regarding the E107 Breisch Williams Chris Sullivan set... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

cccc wrote:
BigGuy219 wrote:

congrats...again chris? Razz

wagner seems low but it is what it is with caramel cards right now, that's the market. a t210 jackson 4 would certainly break 200k easily right now.

LOL No. Just making an observation. I've sworn off the small stuff!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 am

Ouch. Is it just me or did those E107 numbers look comparatively weak last night?
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri May 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Prices seemed all over the place...some decent...many low...esp for such nice examples...def a good buying opportunity for any interested in e`107!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2