Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with 2 old tobacco cards

4 posters

Go down

help with 2 old tobacco cards Empty help with 2 old tobacco cards

Post by larietrope Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

I have 2 old tobacco cards, probably fake but have had them a long time and found them in a trunk.
I have never had them sent for grading but hoping someone with a sharp eye could confirm that them are not the real deal.
One is Shoeless Joe Jackson rf Phila. Am. leaning on a bat. The back says baseball caramels.
The other is Ty Cobb with bat in hand, Cobb Detroit. The rear says Ty Cobb king of the smoking tobacco world. I have a scan of front and back. How do I post a scan ?
Even if they are not originals they are cool to look at.
I do have 3 original 1911 tobacco cards of Joe Tinker, Johnny Evers, and Frank Chance. The famous Cubs double play combination. They are worn but also cool to look at.
Thanks.

larietrope
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
help with 2 old tobacco cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100help with 2 old tobacco cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

help with 2 old tobacco cards Empty Re: help with 2 old tobacco cards

Post by terjung Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Welcome to the board. I'll sent you a PM with my email and I'll post them for you.

The e90-1 Jackson is commonly faked. So, you are probably right. It is quite a valuable card if it is real. We'll take an honest look and let you know. The Cobb backed cards are exceptionally rare (I think 11 known or thereabouts) and only came with a Cobb - red portrait. So, if you have a Cobb back with a Cobb w/ bat, I'm afraid that has little chance of being legit.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
help with 2 old tobacco cards Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100help with 2 old tobacco cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:45 pm

The Cobb is 100% fake as this front/back combo is not possible...and I would surmise the jackson is fake as well as this is a high dollar card and was found with the cobb.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
help with 2 old tobacco cards Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100help with 2 old tobacco cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by larietrope Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 am

Thanks

larietrope
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
help with 2 old tobacco cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100help with 2 old tobacco cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:01 am

The cards are real. These posts are an illusion.

Seriously. mallet
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
help with 2 old tobacco cards Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100help with 2 old tobacco cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down