Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing

+7
seablaster
jbonie
cccc
BigGuy219
ullmandds
sabrjay
Tiger19
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Empty Re: Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing

Post by ullmandds Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:15 pm

way to go jamie...beauty of a card!!!!!!!!

I was happy to see the red hindu T206's not sell for more than my 3 finger brown!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Empty Re: Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing

Post by ullmandds Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

yes...that mack sold for a tidy sum!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 pm

jbonie wrote:
Very happy with my purchase Very Happy

Way to put it out there bro. I can't remember seeing one with such pristine clarity and a high numerical grade to boot. I was watching it out of morbid curiosity and it was treading water at around $3600 but I was still surprised to see where it ended.

I think everyone would agree that is a great card. Strong work.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger19 Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Joss results were an EPIC joke ...

Dig a little on the web and Find a Joss/Red Hindu for sale... look for
sales results.. there are None other than last nights Goodwin.

Now dig Alot on the web .. dig with all your might.. you still won't find one.
If memory serves ... there are over 50 examples of the Magie error card/ graded ...... One Joss/Pitching/Red Hindu.

I thought the card would realistically final at $8 to $13k ..

Tiger19
Tiger19
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:55 pm

apparently there was another red hindu joss sale 10-15 yrs ago. Rarity doesn't always equal high prices.

personally I think the magie sold pretty high last night.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Epic Joke? Was this card yours? IT sure sounds like you have a personal stake in this.

And you said this was your holy grail?!?! Did u win it?!?! If so you should be very happy to win it at such a joke of a price?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:15 pm

seablaster wrote:
jbonie wrote:

Way to put it out there bro. I can't remember seeing one with such pristine clarity and a high numerical grade to boot. I was watching it out of morbid curiosity and it was treading water at around $3600 but I was still surprised to see where it ended.

I think everyone would agree that is a great card. Strong work.

Thanks Khartik,

That photo clarity was what it was all about for me. I've come to realize that cards like that can sell for a massive premium, but there will always be demand. It's not a card I would ever want to sell, I love the emotional hook of the dog. I view the Whitney with Dog pose as an HOF card as far as demand. The magic of the card is sort of what gives it its flair, imo. Got to make the collection interesting!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:20 pm

ullmandds wrote:way to go jamie...beauty of a card!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Pete!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:37 pm

That Whitney w/ dog is a beautiful example. Great contrast on that one! Nice pickup.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Congrats Jamie, that Whitney with Dog is tooooo precious, and a beautiful example to boot.

Don't know who bought the partial Wagner. 200K?! To me, it's like buying James Deans' totaled Porsche Spider... sure he was cool and the car was too, but why?
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm

The differences you can restore the Porsche spider and it will increase the value... but you can't do that with the Wagner!?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 pm

That analogy was thin, admittedly. But comparing the partial Wagner to say a partial Rembrandt would be equally ridiculous. I just don't get it. The authentic Wagner that was sold by the nunnery went for 262K, but at least it was intact. The other half of the card was worth only 62K? Did the nuns get taken or did this person overpay?
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:19 pm

ullmandds wrote:The differences you can restore the Porsche spider and it will increase the value... but you can't do that with the Wagner!?

nah, add a border to it with a cut up of another t206 and it 2x in price.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Don't be giving the card doctors any ideas Razz
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:53 pm

jbonie wrote:This is shameful, but I won the Whitney with dog. So if the price seemed a bit crazy, now you know why - I was bidding on it Smile

It's a card that I've wanted for a very long time and I don't think I'll see another n172 Whitney with dog with such a good image.

A great card for sure, Jamie - congrats!

I won a Red Sox type card and also the D304 Butter Krust Sam Crawford (quite happy with that, and I feel it went for a real bargain).
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks, Blair and Brian!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Beautiful card, Jamie.

Photo looks like it was taken yesterday.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate the compliments.

For anyone who's curious, here's a link to my entire collection:

http://www.sgccardregistry.com/set.aspx?cat=6&set=648
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:42 pm

jbonie wrote:Thanks, Chris. I appreciate the compliments.

SHORT and SWEET!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 pm

jbonie wrote:Thanks, Chris. I appreciate the compliments.

Wait a second....what about Chance's butt??? Razz

Seriously though, I admire your focus...my collection keeps spreading out...

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Frank Chance's Butt is in a whoooole different plane... I mean, that card is in a whole different stratosphere! I couldn't group it with my modest n172's. They would pale in comparison to Frank Chance's Butt Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 pm

jbonie wrote:They would pale in comparison to Frank Chance's Butt Very Happy

Pretty much anything would jocolor .

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Nice collection there.The Whitney with Pooch is amazing.Congrats.
Jason
Jason
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Goodwin Ends tonight .. Joss watch comencing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks Jason!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2