Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter!

+3
sabrjay
ullmandds
jbonie
7 posters

Go down

Which is more likely?

Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Vote_lcap86%Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Vote_lcap14%Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Empty Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter!

Post by jbonie Thu May 03, 2012 5:16 am

Wow, Jered Weaver just threw a no-hitter! I'm happy for him, I've always liked Jered Weaver. He is an excellent pitcher, plus he's got the cool hair. His brother Jeff was a really hot prospect, but then I think he got injured and struggled.

The only thing is, do you guys think that the accomplishment deserves an asterisk, considering that the no-hitter came against the lowly Twins? One would think that any no-hitter would be impressive, but no-hitting the Twins is like passing Level I of Super Mario Brothers.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Empty Re: Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter!

Post by ullmandds Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 pm

ha ha...gotta give credit where credit is due...a no no...is a no no!!!!! When comparing stats of perfect games...or no no's...I don't think I've ever heard..."but it was against a crappy team?"
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm

The Twins are bad but they do have 2 of the top 10 in BA in the AL. So it's not like he was pitching against the 1908 White Sox.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu May 03, 2012 3:20 pm

LOL! Had a very recent experience with the Mariners v. White Sox perfecto. Had this question been asked about THAT game, I would have gone with lousy hitting. For some reason I can't even recall the White Sox pitchers name... Phil Humber, I think.

Oh, Jered Weavers' brother Jeff pitched for the Mariners a couple seasons. Injuries, yes... but more control issues, or general discouragement. I'm pretty sure Seattle is a place where careers go to die.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu May 03, 2012 3:35 pm

pariah1107 wrote:LOL! Had a very recent experience with the Mariners v. White Sox perfecto. Had this question been asked about THAT game, I would have gone with lousy hitting. For some reason I can't even recall the White Sox pitchers name... Phil Humber, I think.

Oh, Jered Weavers' brother Jeff pitched for the Mariners a couple seasons. Injuries, yes... but more control issues, or general discouragement. I'm pretty sure Seattle is a place where careers go to die.

You're right, the Mariners offense is pathetic. However, Montero's bat is starting to come around. Too bad Cashman got fleeced by the hucksters over in Seattle!

Of course the no-hitter was a great accomplishment. The sole purpose of the initial post was just to get a dig in at all the Twins fans on the board. Razz
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey now. This board is pro-everyone except the Yankees and Dodgers. So no picking on the Twinkies. geezer
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Fri May 04, 2012 4:24 am

Wow - two no hitters by the Angels: Weaver and Pujols

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 am

weaver was also involved in another no-hitter a couple years ago when he and a reliever lost to the dodgers 1-0 w/o the dodgers getting a hit. it wasn't credited as a no hitter because the team lost? (at least that's what i thought at the time)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 am

My question is, how many guys have had 28 outs in their no-hitter. Other than the late walk the only other base runner was a strike out passed ball.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Jered Weaver Throws No-Hitter! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down