Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands

3 posters

Go down

Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Empty Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands

Post by TheBig6 Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:25 pm

When I Acquired T3 Close play at Second recently I observed the Giants Player had a black arm Band. I looked thru my collection and also found My Max Stein Chief Meyers card had the Black Band. I got curious to see if I could find out who they were for and found a website that list all years and teams that wore them and who they were memorializing.
All NL teams wore Black arm bands in 1909 for League President Harry Pullman who had committed Suicide.

Would like to see more cards with the Memorail arm bands

This is the website that list teams and years, scroll down for list
http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/patches.htm

Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Chief

Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Closeplay

Last edited by TheBig6 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Empty Re: Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Nice catch, I never notice that it was an arm band always thought it was a sleeve and he had layers on. I have to go through my collection and see if I have any.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Empty Re: Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands

Post by ullmandds Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:22 am

Nice one...I like when cards depict special insignias on uni's!!! I'm not sure about this cobby...the band on the sleeve is not typical of the uni's of that era?[img]Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Cobbxh10[/img]
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 am

According to the Dressed to the nines website, The Tigers were one of the clubs that wore a black armband in 1920 for Ray Chapman

Last edited by TheBig6 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:33 am

Cool!!! Wikipedia blows!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Cards with Memorial Black Arm Bands Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down