Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners

+7
bowlingshoeguy
smtjoy
sabrjay
jbonie
FormerlyKnownasRunscott
terjung
ullmandds
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Empty Re: Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners

Post by ullmandds Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:47 am

Thanks Scott...I think! This was my first time consigning to a major auction house...and I guess I don't know what's normal...other than what people have told me. One of my 4 cards I consigned was a high buck...auction house type of card...it set a record for it's kind and wouldn't have realized 2/3 of the $$$ on ebay...in my opinion. So I wait!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Empty Re: Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners

Post by hanksta Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Pete, I agree it's pretty much all about communication, if he would have said he was waiting on payment a week ago it would have been a different story, but not replying to an e-mail would make me get a little worried.
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:32 am

ullmandds wrote:FWIW...I'm still waiting...and a little communication goes a long way.

Pete I agree 100% with how you feel. Although many have had fantastic experiences with Bill I to have had issues getting a response from him in the past and this has occurred more than just once. One shouldn't have to chase down an auction house for inquiries. We are the customer after all right?? I can't tell you how many emails I've sent his way the past few years only to get zero response. I'm sorry folks, but the proper response shouldn't be, "have you tried to call him on his cell"? He clearly list's an email on his site for any and all questions. No response is unacceptable imo.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks Tony...I was beginning to think I had/have unrealistic expectations?!?!

My check is supposed to arrive today via fedex overnight...
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Why list an email if you are not going to respond to them?
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:23 am

The eagle has landed...
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:58 am

ullmandds wrote:The eagle has landed...

Return of capital far more important than return of email... congrats.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Just saw this and want to respond

Pete you will have no issues with Bill. He is very friendly but usually doesn't answer emails. Just give him a call. He does just about everything himself which is alot of work with the amount of auctions he has. He has some big spenders and he needs to wait to get paid before he can send out the consignment checks. Some times the deep pocket guys take longer to pay just because they can but they always pay it just takes some time. Sometimes it may go past the 30 days but its not his fault-if he could he would pay everyone right away but that is not realistic as his auction do some big numbers and he can't cover that out of his pocket.

I have had all positive dealings and I am sure all will be good in the future.

Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:07 pm

I think we understand what you are saying Jim but REA seems to get there payments out in a week or 2, so unless he is covering for some buyers he seems to get paid in a timely manner.

Bill really needs to make an effort to at least communicate with his consignors if there is a problem. I have some cards I would like to consign to Bill, but this slow payment and lack of communication is really making me hesitate.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Reasonable Time for Auction Houses to pay Consigners - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2