Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helmar...strikes again!

+4
the-illini
r337man
t206head
ullmandds
8 posters

Go down

Helmar...strikes again! Empty Helmar...strikes again!

Post by ullmandds Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 am

I just saw this card on ebay...another interesting...attractive Helmar creation...1 of a series of 180...even has high #'s...181-? Too bad sets aren't available...I like em! Very Happy

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Helmar...strikes again! Empty Re: Helmar...strikes again!

Post by t206head Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:28 am

what are they ???
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm

they are fantasy cards...apparently made in India...by hand...and issued in limited #'s/year. There's another thread about them...do a search!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Be careful bidding on these, many bidders are suspect in the bid histories to me. All bidders seem to bid with just that seller a lot of the time. Though I agree they are neat, I think they should be dated for future reference of unsuspecting collectors. Dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Agree with Dan. Some of the prices these cards end for on ebay make me wonder. Its not just the Ruth, Cobb and Mays pieces either - low end HOFers and regular players get nice bucks.

The bidding may be legit, but it just seems like they get more money than a modern fantasy piece should.
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I just picked a box of the Upper Deck Goodwin Champions. Neat set of cards since I love all sports, but you'd think given the Helmar bid history that the baseball cards in this wet would do well. You have Whitey Ford with his duffle bag shipping out for the army and other neat stuff like that since they don't have the MLB license.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:20 pm

I was bidding on a Ross Youngs Helmar piece last year. It was much larger than the regular "Goudey style" cards that are out there. It was a beautiful cabinet and the price shocked me. My competition blew me out. lol
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 pm

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Wow. They make a lot of different stuff. Here's a large silk of all things! 220818857635
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 am

I would be shocked if the bidding was legit. Like I said, they are neat and I would think people would pay reasonably but go through the bid history of any of them. All bidders are usually 35% or more with that one seller. Very odd.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:10 pm

SOme of the Negro League players that don't have a lot of cards get a lot of action and high prices. I have snagged a few over the years, mostly when they were new and went for less.
Helmar...strikes again! Nap
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:18 pm

I guess seeing what Ruth rookies are selling for these days...this is a cool, affordable alternative of sorts...for some?!?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:29 pm

$250+ for a modern card "distressed" to look old? WTF? Glad these people weren't bidding on the Dihigo card I won. I thought I got it at a good price. Under $500 including the vig.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm

blah blah blah Jay...you sucker! you could have gotten a helmar digho for a fraction of what you paid?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Who makes these things and do they make more than one copy of each card? Some do look really cool.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Helmar...strikes again! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Helmar...strikes again! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Lee...if you read the listing they make 2-3 per year...no more than that. And I believe they are made in India by underpaid...overworked children who bathe in the blood infested ganges river!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down