Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'Restored' Wagner on REA

+8
TheBig6
jbonie
cccc
fisherboy7
bowlingshoeguy
ullmandds
sabrjay
LucasRiley
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Restored' Wagner on REA

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:46 pm

that number is pretty small. I wouldn't be surprised if over half the Wagners are out there are in the collections of long time hobbyists who have owned the card for 25 years or more.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 pm

yes...all i'm trying to say is 200k for a restored wagner might not be so bad. i don't think the owner would lose money if he decides to sell the next 1-2 years.

the biggest wagner has a book written about it with a stigma of being trimmed/altered, but the prospective buyers don't care. everytime it goes on the block it gains 10-20%, cuz it's a t206 wagner.

also jay...less wagner talk and hurry up with the wedding photos. or do i need to fb friend u to get them? Evil or Very Mad
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 pm

We are waiting for the disk with photos on it. Should be here some time next week.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:17 pm

To me the difficulty with the Wagner has always been in price, not in rarity. I think that if any of us won the lottery tomorrow and let it be known we'd go half a million (hey, we won it, didn't it earn it!) on a numerically graded Wagner we'd get 2-3 offered.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun May 01, 2011 5:18 am

sure chris there's a price for everything, you might get a couple offers...but it won't be fair or market value. my point is there are more people with 200-250k to spend on a beater sgc/psa 1, but there's not enough wagners to satisfy that demand. that's why every time the card goes up for sale it sets a new record.

i have a friend that bought his nice psa 1 wagner about 13 years ago for a princely sum of 70k...he thought he way overpaid but every time i talk to him about now he feels very fortunate to be at the right place/time to pull the trigger because today it would be way out of his budget (judging by the appearance i'd estimate he could get 300k no problem today).
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm

BigGuy219 wrote:To me the difficulty with the Wagner has always been in price, not in rarity. I think that if any of us won the lottery tomorrow and let it be known we'd go half a million (hey, we won it, didn't it earn it!) on a numerically graded Wagner we'd get 2-3 offered.

This applies to almost anything in our hobby not just the Wagner if you’re willing to toss big bucks things become available I dont care how scarce or rare, the right number and things show up.

Cheers,

John
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The 'Restored' Wagner on REA - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2