Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Dream Card?

+6
sabrjay
t206head
cccc
jbonie
terjung
ullmandds
10 posters

Go down

Realistic Dream Card? Empty Realistic Dream Card?

Post by ullmandds Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:58 pm

So Ben got me thinking...if I were to sell my entire vintage collection...or a good portion of it...with the intention of buying a single "dream" card...what would it be? From a liquidity standpoint this is very appealing!

For me...I considered doing this and maybe getting a T206 Plank...or a 33 goudey lajoie...or a ruth rookie...maybe a cobb/cobb but prices have gone through the roof...but ultimately I don't think I'd be nearly as happy with my collection...I like variety...maybe that's why I'm still single...and will most likely always be a "type" collector!

What would it be for you guys/gals?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Realistic Dream Card? Empty Re: Realistic Dream Card?

Post by terjung Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:04 pm

I considered selling off a substantial portion of my collection in order to go after the E107 Matty auctioned in H.A. in Baltimore, but decided against it. I guess if I didn't do it for that one, there wouldn't be one that I would do it for.

I should note, however, that I already picked up my dream card this year... just not in dream condition. Very Happy
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 pm

My realistic dream card is a Large Gypsy Queen King Kelly SGC 40. The SGC 50 went in Legendary last November, it was out of my price range and didn't hit the reserve. If that 40 ever came up for sale, I would be very tempted to go for it and complete a N172/N173/N175 HOF Type Collection. I already have the N172 and N173, so the N175 is all that's left. Since I already have a Delahanty and Ewing, and Anson doesn't exist for that set, that leaves Kelly as the big boss, so that there is my dream card Smile
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 pm

t206 plizzank...i couldn't have just one card tho. hard to explain but i don't think i'd love the plank more than say an e95 plank...just a different sensation. i have a connection or feeling to each of my cards, whether it's $200 or $2000

Last edited by cccc on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:20 pm

I totally agree...I dropped some big coin(for me) to add a t208 fireside to my type collection...and it does nothing for me...other than fill a hole!!!

I love a lot of my cards...but not all of them...some just fill holes...and the $$$$ spent obtaining some of them definitely is not commensurate with the happiness they bring!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 pm

ullmandds wrote:
I love a lot of my cards...but not all of them...some just fill holes...and the $$$$ spent obtaining some of them definitely is not commensurate with the happiness they bring!

the bane of type collecting Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

no question t206 plank!!!! at one point I was toying with selling my t206 set just to buy a plank than start all over again.. I just don't have it in me to ever sell
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:20 am

I'm in the lucky position of already owning my dream card. After the Thorpe, I'm not sure which card I would want. Maybe a Jim Crieghton piece or a Kbat Roger Connor or maybe a K-bat imperial cabinet.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:27 am

I'm so happy for you Jay...you have your dream card...and you're dream girl...lucky u!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:57 am

1903 Chickering Imperial World Series Cabinet
Boston / Pittsburg
I saw it at the Boston Library, it effected me deeply
Nuff Ced
Check out the Vendor guy on the left side opposite the Dutchman
Realistic Dream Card? Fenway3
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:34 am

"the bane of type collecting"

But nothing compared to SET collecting!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 am

This one for sure:

1910 T210 Old Mill Shoeless Joe Jackson bow
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 am

ullmandds wrote:I'm so happy for you Jay...you have your dream card...and you're dream girl...lucky u!!!

Yes I am and she never lets me forget it Very Happy
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:54 pm

3-2-count wrote:
1910 T210 Old Mill Shoeless Joe Jackson bow

Ya, What he said!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:37 pm

I have one of my dream cards, T3 Cobb, not the greatest condition but it's mine. I also love that giant Boston/Pittsburgh picture. I think with all the different items in this hobby that once you do get your "dream card". There is always another to target.

Realistic Dream Card? T3cobb11

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 pm

I don't know Lee...that cobb looks like a nightmare to me! Wanna trade it to me!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:11 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:I think with all the different items in this hobby that once you do get your "dream card". There is always another to target.

Bingo.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Realistic Dream Card? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Realistic Dream Card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 pm

I think I was outside on the roof shoveling snow for too long. I looked at "bingo" and thought it would be cool to play by card designation. B18, N42, etc. insane
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down