Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quan is BIG TIME now!

+3
the-illini
cccc
scott elkins
7 posters

Go down

Quan is BIG TIME now! Empty Quan is BIG TIME now!

Post by scott elkins Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 am

affraid Quan - this card is worth more than my entire collection times ten (this card is a collection by itself)! Super nice card! affraid

http://cgi.ebay.com/1903-W600-SPORTING-LIFE-ED-DELAHANTY-PSA-4_W0QQitemZ270196608167QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Quan is BIG TIME now! Empty Re: Quan is BIG TIME now!

Post by cccc Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:16 am

the w600 matty psa5 went for some insane amount like 25k so the delahanty seller is probably trying to strike while the iron's hot! Rolling Eyes
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:52 am

I don't blame the "Delehanty Seller" at all - I have done that myself NUMEROUS times! Within the past year, I sold my remaining E120's when they were selling for outrageous amounts on eBay. I also did the same thing when Net 54 members were talking about how rare EPDG T206's were. I had about five or six left, and started listing them on eBay as soon as I saw the thread on Net 54 that erroneously stated T206 EPDG's were rare. Laughing

Hopefully, the RIGHT buyer will see your Delehanty, if the seller really wants to let it go. I know I would MUCH RATHER have your Delehanty than the PSA 5 Matty. Delehanty was probably the BEST hitter of all time (though that is certainly up for debate of course). His story also ranks right up there behind the more popularized "Black Sox" story. If stories of Delehanty, Chase, Powers and other Vintage players with great stories had been in the media half as much as the Black Sox, it would be amazing what their cards would sell for (ESPECIALLY DELEHANTY - as his cards are less plentiful than Chase and probably even the T206 Powers, even though it is a 150 Series only card).

STILL, within our "Vintage Circle", Delehanty's cards have proven to be STRONG investments. IMHO, they still have a ways to climb in price. Couple the "Delehanty Factor" I have just discussed along with his HOF status and the rarity and popularity of the W600's, and this card WILL one day be a six figure example..........if only I had the money to buy that card, salt it away for 5-10 years :sleep: and welcome a NICE PROFIT! Very Happy

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm

Quan that is a gorgeous card!! - do you accept payment in installments? Smile
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:29 pm

guys thanks for the kind words. my top top dream card has always been the t206 plank. i've had opportunities to buy the card way back (scott's, julie's comes to mind) but was never able to come up with the necessary funds. i think a plank 2 now would be around 20-24k...so my hope now would be for someone to bite on the delahanty and i'd have the funds.

a boy can certainly dream Very Happy
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Quan is BIG TIME now! Empty Qball

Post by rman444 Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:26 am

That quan guy is smart, watching his card skyrocket to a 6 figure untouchable in a few years. I think I need to pay Scotty to market my cards too! cyclops
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 pm

That is a great card. Hopefully you can find your t206 plank soon. I know you have been looking for years.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by JK2 Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 pm

Quan - great card. Wish I had some money to offer for it.
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Quan was always big time.
Some people just are.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Quan is BIG TIME now! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Quan is BIG TIME now! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down