Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My baby made me smile (card related)

2 posters

Go down

My baby made me smile (card related) Empty My baby made me smile (card related)

Post by sandmountainslim Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 am

As I have stated I am new to the vintage baseball card hobby and have fallen totally in love with the White Border T206 set and have been buying one or two of them per week as I can find them reasonably online.

My daughter is 4 years old and she just LOVES when anything comes in the mail and I always show her my new cards as they arrive. they are safely in toploaders and sleeves so durable enough so I play a little card game with her involving the cards in which each of us rolls a ten sided dice after putting a player's card up and one wins and the other goes in the "lose pile".

I ordered a few sheets of the Galassco reprints with the intent of framing them and they arrived in the mail yesterday and McKenzie asked "Is it pictures of cards?" I told her they WERE baseball cards but just not real ones like the others we have and she glanced over the faces on the reprint sets and said "Look Daddy, It's Bill Chappelle!" ....WHOA! The fact that she remembered a name that long after hearing me say it in our little game and recognized a player from 1910 made me smile from ear to ear with pride.

Just a story that the "daddy men" will understand but I wanted to share it Smile
Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
My baby made me smile (card related) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My baby made me smile (card related) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My baby made me smile (card related) Empty Re: My baby made me smile (card related)

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:39 am

Great Story, nice to hear.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
My baby made me smile (card related) Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100My baby made me smile (card related) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down