Scams and Scoundrels.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scams and Scoundrels.....

Post by pariah1107 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:59 am

Recently ran into a card vendor "getting rid of his collection". I purchased a good number of wPCL cards from this person assuming they were authentic, but have only recently found them to be false or misrepresented. What is the worst scam or soundrel you have been taken by?
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scams and Scoundrels.....

Post by fisherboy7 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Hey Ty, sorry to hear you got scammed. Did you pay through paypal? If so, you can probably get your money back. Also let us know who the seller is so we can put him on our "avoid" list.

Can't say I've been the victim of an online scam before. I was lucky because when I started out nearly a decade ago, I had the support of many current Full Count members on my side and I would often lean on them for advice. You should do the same if you are ever a little suspicious of an auction you're thinking of bidding on. Being a member of this little community can come in handy sometimes - we're always good for a second opinion so don't be shy to ask.

What were the PCL cards in question?

Ben
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
36 / 10036 / 100

View user profile http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Not with cards, but I've gotten burned with autographs. As a result, I won't ever touch that industry again.
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
12 / 10012 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:39 am

The card's were represented as 1927 w465's (4 in 1 panels); three players from the Anchorage Goldpanners (now the Bucs), and one Ivy Olsen, former Brooklyn Robin, then of the Portland Beavers (I bought 2). The other collectibles included a 1951 PCL Seattle Rainiers photo (with Rogers Hornsby), and a 1937 autographed baseball from the Dutch Harbor Legends team (some autographed by residents of Belkofski, a now defunct town on the Aleutian Peninsula). To anyone interested in Alaskan state history these would be awesome, but.... All of which were old, probably reprinted, or signed later in their lives. The man who sold them to me was at the Ted Steven's Auditorium Annual Card Show, I have since notified them of the nefarious vendor. No cash back.
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:54 am

I should note, one legit item was included; an August 18th 1929 Portland Beavers vs. Anchorage Goldpanners poster w/ Alaskan territorial stamp.
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top