Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection

+7
bowlingshoeguy
cccc
caramelcard
Z-NUT
3-2-count
ullmandds
sabrjay
11 posters

Go down

More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Empty More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection

Post by sabrjay Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 am

George sent me the "missing" scan #6. He originally said he didn't want to show them because he thought they were bad cards because they were duplicates and in lesser condition. You be the judge Shocked wow

More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection GeorgeD6

More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection GeorgeD6b
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Empty Re: More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection

Post by ullmandds Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 am

Holy Schnikes...3 millers...unbelievable!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Empty Re: More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection

Post by sabrjay Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:22 am

That's 3 "bad" ones and 4 total.

I'm in the chatroom right now (822pm cst)
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:51 am

More fabulous stuff!!
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 am

A few years ago, when I had a much larger hobby budget I used to have a few T215's and followed Ebay sales of Red Crosses closely. One of the things I found to be very common was a spot or two of paper loss on the backs, usually near the top or bottom borders. If I remember correctly there was theory floating around that T215's may have been glued into the cigarette packs. I find it interesting that none of the Red Crosses in this find seem to have these spots of paper loss.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelcard Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 am

Oh wow. George, please sell me a Miller! Please?? Sad

caramelcard
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:17 am

this is getting ridiculous...adopt me george! i'll take the trash out for ya
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 am

He might be happier getting the laundry done, Quan. Very Happy

This is one awesome collection of cards. drool

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:59 pm

I talked with him and his wife on the phone last night. They are really great people and enjoyed talking with them. He promises that there are no cards lurking in the shadows. He thought since they were duplicates that they might hurt the overall value of the collection.

Another tidbit to add to the amazing story of this collection. He took the Lowdermilk and few other Red Cross cards to the Antiques Roadshow. The person that evaluated the card gave him a price for what a normal Lowdermilk would go for. George said is when they realized they might have something special and started doing research to find out more about the cards.

This will definitely go down as one of the all-time great finds with a great story behind it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Comisky Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:17 am

What a collection! George, thanks for sharing and good luck on the sale in the future

Jeff
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeD Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Just to announce the whole "Louisiana Collection" has been turned over to REA for the April auction on Sept 23.

GeorgeD
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:54 pm

GeorgeD wrote:Just to announce the whole "Louisiana Collection" has been turned over to REA for the April auction on Sept 23.

Good choice, George! I'm sure the auctions of your lots will draw huge interest and bidding - good luck.

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:40 pm

As noted above, great choice George. I think you will be more than happy with the results.

Thanks for bringing the cards to the board,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:46 pm

I think it was a mistake and you should've gone with Brockelman and Luckey Auctions Razz
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100More from the GeorgeD t207 Red Cross collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum