Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Judge Mansfield

3 posters

Go down

Old Judge Mansfield Empty Old Judge Mansfield

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 am

This is the card that was pulled from only known pack of Old Judge cigarettes known to have a card. Not only that, but there had never been a Mansfield player seen before or since.
Old Judge Mansfield Alcott
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Old Judge Mansfield Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Old Judge Mansfield Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Old Judge Mansfield Empty Re: Old Judge Mansfield

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 am

I believe that Alcott was moved from the Mansfields to the Whites, and when the Whites folded in mid-season, Von der Ahe brought him up to the Browns in order to protect him. I have cards showing him on the Whites and indicating him moved to the Brown's roster.

Alcott however, never got into a MLB game, so the Mansfields and Whites cards are his pre-rookie cards, and the one with the Browns is one of the (earliest) rookie cards of a player who never played ML ball.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Old Judge Mansfield Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Old Judge Mansfield Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:07 pm

I remember that card well Gil. I was about to purchase that card (that went unsold for a long time, until BMW snatched it up) for under $5k. I had a few PSA 8 Old Judge cards at the time and thought this one would be a GREAT investment. Then, I started thinking there might be some other Gem Mint cards pulled and, unfortunately, I didn't buy it and BMW made a Mint on the sale of this one. Sad

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Old Judge Mansfield Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Old Judge Mansfield Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down