Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?)

+3
cccc
crazylocomerk
jpcw
7 posters

Go down

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Empty Hey Guys (are there any gals here?)

Post by jpcw Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 am

I've been reading this site for awhile & finally decided to sign up. I like the atmosphere here. I'm focusing on the 19th century, but I haven't been able to quit the early 20th century yet, still trying. I like the vibe here & hope I can contribute something. I'm also a diehard Mets fan.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Empty Re: Hey Guys (are there any gals here?)

Post by crazylocomerk Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 am

Welcome to the board! It is a great place to talk cards. You'll fit right in.

As far as any women on the board......I don't think there are any that readily post. Kind of a male dominated niche for the most part.

What does your current collection consist of? I'm strictly a T216 collector for the time being. I sold off everything else this year to fund my T216 habit and to pay for some home renovations.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Empty Re: Hey Guys (are there any gals here?)

Post by cccc Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:08 am

joann sometimes drop by...and i had that spartacus avatar that no one liked Sad
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 am

cccc wrote:..and i had that spartacus avatar that no one liked Sad

I liked it...... Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 769672
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 am

Welcome aboard, feel free to chime in all opinions are welcome.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:19 am

cccc wrote:...and i had that spartacus avatar that no one liked Sad

Oh, don't get me wrong, she was very hot. Just her character was a little wacky. But she made up for it in the last episode, and I grew to like her.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 pm

She wasn't vintage enough for me, Quan. I like my women born in the pre-ww2 era exclusively Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Icon_biggrin

To the new poster - glad to have you with us! Care to elaborate on what 19th century issues you're focusing on? I'm particularly interested in that era as well as it relates to vintage cards; some fascinating sets with almost limitless depth.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm

i remember the jpcw nick from the old n54 board...when people were still coming around to using the chat feature.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:07 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:She wasn't vintage enough for me, Quan. I like my women born in the pre-ww2 era exclusively Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Icon_biggrin

Is that why I saw you last night with my grandmother? Embarassed
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm

All joking aside, welcome to the board, jpcw (what's your real first name?). Okay, baseball cards are a pretty male-dominated hobby, you probably feel kinda like I feel when I'm the only guy in a yoga class. But you're totally welcome, and I hope that you enjoy the community here. I joined a few months ago and have found the people here to be very friendly. It's certainly good and important for our hobby to have female collectors, so please don't feel reserved about contributing or posting here. Enjoy!

Jamie

P.S. I liked the spartacus avatar... she was hot!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Empty Thanks for the kind welcome

Post by jpcw Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:26 pm

For the most part, I'm trying to collect collect 19th century cabinet photos. I've got a handful now & I'm trying to locate the matching N172s. It gets frustrating when the player shows up for auction & it's always, & I mean always the wrong pose. I'm also slowly working on the baseball subset of the N28 Allen & Ginter set (1/2 way there).

Eric (t216)- I think I might have sold you a T216 Evers (paper version) last year? That's an impressive amount of T216s you've amassed.

CCCC (Quan?)- That was probably me in the old chat room. I remember having a few discussions with you about current baseball topics. Although my name is Jeremy, not Nick.

As for the Sam Thompson cabinet you guys were discussing, I barely missed the BIN on the Evansville cabinet. Ouch! That one still hurts.

When I figure out how to post an image I'll share some.

Jeremy
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Here's a link to that Thompson Evansville cabinet. Looks like it wasn't ended with a BIN, but rather, someone placed a bid and then it was ended early.

Thompson Evansville Cabinet
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcw Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 pm

It had a starting bid of $900.00 & a BIN of $1,000. when the auction started. I'm almost sure it was BIN'd but I could be wrong.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Whoops my apologies, looks like a made a false assumption about our new board member. Anyways, welcome to the board, Jeremy, and try to get an avatar up there once you get the chance.

PS I really like the idea of collecting the n173's and corresponding photo of the n172's.

Cheers,
J
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 pm

jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 pm

If you're having trouble posting pics on the forum, that link will help you out.

If you want to upload an avatar image, that can be done by clicking on Profile->Avatar on the main menu underneath the forum logo. Pretty straightforward from there.

I also really dig the idea of collecting N173's and their corresponding N172's. Would be great to see some pics if you have any.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcw Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 1875_b17Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Krieg_13Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Krieg_14Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Scrapp10Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) N28_an10Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Kelly_10

I figured out how to post an image!! I'll have to bust out my scanner over the weekend & get some more images uploaded.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:01 am

jpcw wrote:

Eric (t216)- I think I might have sold you a T216 Evers (paper version) last year? That's an impressive amount of T216s you've amassed.

I went back through my records, and sure as s#it, you're the one that sold me my Evers. What a great card that is. I was so happy to finally land that one in my collection. We made the deal 8/19/09. So thanks again and here it is:

Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 1911-110

I've had a great time collecting the T216's and it's by far the most fun I've had collecting anything, and I couldn't be happier with what I have.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:06 am

Great cards Jeremy! Those N28's of Anson and Kelly are blazers! Thanks for sharing.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcw Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Fisherboy (Ben?)- Thanks, the n28s are both scrapbook cards. They are blazers though, I agree.

Eric- Glad I could help you out. I was hoping to complete the legendary Tinker to Evers to Chance combo with the t216s. I waited forever, it seemed, for the Tinker to show up. It didn't, until I let the Evers & Chance go. Although the Tinker, when it showed up, wasn't the paper version like the other two. Congrats again. It would nice to be as focused on a collection as you are.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm

I was able to finish the trio for you, although my T216 Tinkers are not Type 3 Kottons (same problem you had).

TINKER (Chicago Feds, batting)
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 1911-16T-216TinkerJoebattingChicago

TINKER (portrait) - which is actually one of my favorite T216's
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 1911-16T-216TinkerJoeportraitKotton

TO EVERS (thanks again)
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 1911-16T-216EversJohnnyChicagoKotto

TO CHANCE (the weird ass shot pose)
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) 1911-16T216FrankChanceKottonCigsTyp
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:32 pm

that Chance butt shot is one of the most curious poses of any card, that could be anyone.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Hey Guys (are there any gals here?) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah, that pose is pretty weird, gotta wonder what the designers were thinking when they included it. Love the mountains/sunset background scene though. Reminiscent of the beautiful Speaker card from that set.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:35 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:Yeah, that pose is pretty weird, gotta wonder what the designers were thinking when they included it. Love the mountains/sunset background scene though. Reminiscent of the beautiful Speaker card from that set.

.....yeah if you can get past the rear end facing the owner of the card. I don't think i've ever seen past that to look at a beautiful sunset.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcw Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Nice trio there Eric. If I'm not mistaken the Tinker portrait (one of my faves also) wasn't used for the paper version T216, it was the swinging version.

I always refer to the Chance card as the "taking a leak" pose.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down