Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!!

+8
cccc
bowlingshoeguy
Bicem
3-2-count
Square_Frame_Ramly
fisherboy7
sabrjay
ullmandds
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!!

Post by terjung Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:58 am

cccc wrote:pm brian dwyer here, spacktrack...he'll tell you what you need to do. whenever i have a question about sgc brian has always been prompt and very helpful.

+1

The only thing that I can see is that the card looks shorter in that holder compared to your other cards. The name being lower on the border (more distance between it and the portrait) exaggerates this appearance. You said it measures the same as the other cards, so relying on that, I'm not sure what the problem is. It it is factory miscut to be short, SGC will give it the 'A'.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!!

Post by zouraspm Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 am

Though I've never tried it myself, a black light would show any recoloring. It looks like there could be color added above his head to a scratch there (like the one by his left shoulder), but it's hard to tell from the scan. Nice card and congrats.
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:01 pm

I examined the card yesterday in a dark closet with my black light loupe and nothing looked suspicious...i believe it got an A due to the short factory cut...which isn't all that different from other e90-2's I have that achieved a numerical grade...and at this point I'm inclined to keep it as is...as I can buy a decent card for the price or re-submission...and I'm not a big advocate of grading services to start with.

Or...I could submit the whole set to PSA...where there is a much greater likelihood that not only will they all grade...but I may get some bumps!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

And Brian...it is not the same size as all of the others. Within my e90-2 set there is quite a bit of variation in card size...up to 1/8" or so. But the Wags is very similar in size to some others that were assigned a number grade.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Did you buy it slabbed? I'm not into grading very much either....but if it were my card I'd resubmit for the simple fact that I'd feel shortchanged having it in an AUT holder when chances are it's unaltered. In my eyes, the card is clearly not trimmed. If you do resubmit, I'd crack it and send it raw to avoid any bias on behalf of the graders.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Just to be clear though... if it is too short (read: factory miscut, not trimmed by a former owner), both SGC and PSA will mark it accordingly. SGC will use the "A" and PSA would give it a 1(MC) for miscut as an example.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Thanks to Ben in the Great White North...E90-2 is COMPLETE!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Ben...I think Brian's comment is the clincher...I think it is too short to receive a numerical grade. I may resubmit it some day...but I doubt it...I'd be pissing $$$ away because I dont think it'll get a number?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2