I can't seem to get the hang of this

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't seem to get the hang of this

Post by ItsOnlyGil on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm

Ok, It is given that I'm thicker than the average brick.
But even so, I have achieved things here that I had no chance of anywhere else (mainly regarding pictures).
So why am I constantly unable to find stuff?

Here is an example:

I come on line a little while ago and immediately check "posts since your last visit" - a very useful utility.
The first one has Jay asking for help identifying teams associated with OJ cards he has posted.
So, I say to myself =-> come on, some of these guys are in Basebasll Reference. And leave to check out Billy Sowders. Surenuf, he is there, with the Beaneaters starting in '88. So, I come back to check for more - and its gone.
Well, ok. It is no longer a post since my last visit (can't I hold that somehow?), but it is totally gone. I can't find these OJ posts anywhere (seemingly logical to me .... through the "noway they would put those here" Gone.

So now, the heck with that and Im on to the next diversion.
But my frustration level is up a notch.
Much like dealing with N54.

I must have lost the handbook on how this site operates which you gave out when I kicked in my yearly dues. question
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
2 / 1002 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't seem to get the hang of this

Post by fisherboy7 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Gil, all of the OJ posts Jay made are part of the "Virtual sets and checklists" subcategory that was recently set up. You can find it in the "Helpful Information for Collectors" category.

One thing you can do to keep track of a thread that interests you is click on the "watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom right corner of any post. That way, you will get an email notifying you each time that topic is replied to.

Ben
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
36 / 10036 / 100

View user profile http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Lee mentioned that once you leave, all posts get marked as read. The best thing to do is open a brand new browser window to go to other sites. That way, you get everything checked off as read.

When I first started posting cards I couldn't ID the team on, it hadn't dawned on me at that point to check baseball-reference.com. I just haven't gotten around to going back to that post and checking the players.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. When I do this at home I get arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
25 / 10025 / 100

View user profile http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:33 am

Gil,

Use the back button and find "search". I have found when I go back to home page it seems to disappear.

If there any other concerns people have about navigating feel free to ask. I warned Jay last night about that thread that it was hard to find and that he should put it on the main board.. Did he listen "NO". nono That's a brother for you. shooting shooting shooting

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
53 / 10053 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down