Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup....

+3
yawie99
sabrjay
cccc
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

World Cup.... - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup....

Post by cccc Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 pm

that was prolly a 50 million dollar goal for donovan. if he wasn't the face of usa soccer before he certainly is now. all the endorsements and prolly a big offer from a euro club (he mls lets him out of contract).
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't know but Ghana is very good, it will be good match. We can beat them. It won't be easy. Definitely happy for Donovan, sorry Duece's goal was discounted, and he had some bad luck hitting the post. Doubt he'll be let out of his mls contract, he'd have to be bought for significant $$$, but probably a winter loan is again likely.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:30 pm

The US lucked out and Australia managed to win their game setting a match between the US and Ghana. WE have a good chance of making it to the final 4 but Brazil would most likely be waiting for us there.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

unreal, italy. they were teh suck this tournament.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:30 pm

They were awful today. Guess they felt bad for the French and decided to play like they would have. Now if Brazil and few more power can get knocked out the US might have a chance of winning it all.

I loved Steven Colbert's comment last night, if the US wins it all the rest of the world has to call it soccer

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 pm

yawie99 wrote:

That was fookin' horrible. Torres needs the hair back. Not at all hot with it cut.

Free Cesc!

knockout stage begins. spain's passing was much better with a fit fabregas in there and more dangerous. ger/eng, spain/portugal while usa's road looks pretty good.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:08 pm

yup, US should make it to final 4 where they will most likely meet up with Brazil and then it's game over.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:12 pm

i've invested too much into this damn thing...GO USA
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm

cccc wrote:i've invested too much into this damn thing...GO USA

Hopefully you mean emotionally instead of financially given today's result.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:23 pm

yes...and bleh.

usa was clearly the better team but lapses in concentration and the inability to bury the ball behind the net led to the loss...they didn't deserve to win imo. ghana made the most of their few opportunities while usa just don't have any world-class or even club-level striker to get by.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah Quan you're on point, our forwards... some people like Altidore but he's young and can't finish at this level. Starting Findley was just a mistake, and I would have rather seen Buddle than Gomez since Buddle's tall and most of our chances were coming off of crosses. But Ghana was very athletic and calculated in sitting back and defending till we scored and then attacking again once the game was tied. In the end they just had more energy... our guys were spent. Also I'm surprised Bradley went back to Clark, that was a huge mistake obviously. But we are set up to be very very good in 2014... we'll still have Howard, Dempsey, Donovan and Bradley, plus guys like Edu and Altidore could mature, plus Onyewu and Davies get healthy, plus Bornstein emerged at left back solving a real riddle there. Our future is very promising!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:12 pm

altidore was a big turd, i'm still upset. reminds me of this fact every time i see that espn commercial. learn the technique of a proper header us players instead of just letting the ball glance off your giant empty domes.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:45 pm

That was Edu who turned away from the ball... Jozy had an okay game, but no goals from him the whole tourney was a killer... he almost scored on that flashy one on his back. A lot of our players need help with technique... stuff you learn when you're twelve... but then we have a few good ones... our future should be bright. Go Germany! Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 pm

poor ghana, the whole continent is heartbroken because of you. would've been quite a story.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 pm

I feel bad for Gyan, but wow what a slick penalty by Loco to end it. The keeper was just laying on the ground watching it go in. I loved his sense of humor Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Unbelievable finish.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Can't believe Germany lost to Spain. They looked so dominant all tournament. Oh well, at least there will be a first time winner. Amazingly, they will be only the 8th different country to win the World Cup.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:33 pm

I can't either. Guess the octopus knows more than I do, since I picked Germany 3-2.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
World Cup.... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100World Cup.... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Spain has really underwhelmed and somehow theyre in the final
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:49 am

I'm rooting for the Dutch just because I happened to be in Amsterdam in 2008 when the Euro Cup was going on.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 am

Jay, I'm joining you on the Dutch. Bummed about the Germany loss, but no question Spain was the better team. Maybe it would've been a different result with Moller, but Ozil played like crap and Moller's replacement was pretty weak. The passing wasn't there. I think Spain-Netherlands should be a good game. There will be offensive fireworks.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 pm

i was at the airport and missed the match...i'll try to find a tv somewhere. spain was my pick pre-tourney (really going out on limb there) so i'm hoping for a good match that i can torrent later.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 pm

So far after the first half, aside from the guy that took the karate kick to the chest, the Spaniards have acted like a bunch of pussies. If they came here to MN they would all be laying on the ground crying like school girls every time a mosquito landed on them.

FIFA really needs to crack done on the diving. It must be a Euro thing because most of the great floppers in the NBA are Europeans.

The one thing that has amazed me about the coverage so far is that I have not heard one mention of Johan Cruyff. He was voted European player of the century and was second in voting behind Pele for World player of the century.

How int he world does a player like that get no mention?
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:46 am

uhg! What a horrible game. The officiating was as horrible as the rest of the tournament. Yellow cards for phantom injuries and no card at all for the karate kick to the chest. Then there was the blown that lead to the winning goal. I'm not sure what game the ref was watching but how he didn't see or couldn't tell that ball went off the Spanish wall on the free kick is beyond me. The ensuing goal kick lead to winning goal. The Dutch didn't play well, but they shouldn't have lost that way either.

The FIFA heads need to quit hanging around Bud Selig and get their officiating problem solved and institute replays for goals at least. I love the game, but it's painful to watch when I could do a better job of officiating.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:29 am

i'm pissed that espn3 bbc etc lock out 4th+ world regions so i can't watch it Mad ...guess it was a sloppy game so no point in torrenting it later.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next