Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REA results

+12
smtjoy
cccc
mwieder
TheBig6
terjung
Bosox Blair
Bicem
fisherboy7
jbonie
bowlingshoeguy
ullmandds
sabrjay
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

REA results - Page 2 Empty Re: REA results

Post by Bicem Mon May 03, 2010 8:11 pm

sabrjay wrote:either way, stupid price to pry mine from my hands is now $25k REA results - Page 2 768829

what's yours graded?
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon May 03, 2010 11:50 pm

mine is a 20 only because the name Leslie O'Neil is stamped on the back. It also has a Famous & Barr back which is much harder to find than the blank back.

REA results - Page 2 Thorpe
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue May 04, 2010 1:37 am

Did you crack it out or is that a pre-submission scan?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue May 04, 2010 3:24 pm

pre-submission
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed May 05, 2010 2:46 am

I was bidding on the lot of 8 red Hindus and stopped at 8.5k because at 9k (the winning bid) the cards are over 1300 each and there are 4 grade 1s in the group. A grade 1 red hindu is a 600 to 700 card not 1300 plus. I would have liked to add those to my collection but too heavy of a tag.

The BL 460 SGC 60 at 7.5k seems like a good deal and I think the fact that there were 4 BL 460s in the auction kept the hammer under 10k. I think the Young was the only one that ended where it should have.

The Johnson Drum was a surprise out selleing the Young BL 460. Also the Johnson Hindu portrait was a surprise at 3.5k-I am glad I already have that one.

There was a SGC 84 205 Johnson that only went for 5k-you could flip that one for some quick cash.
So many killer cards in one place made some great cards get overlooked, but as usual another killer REA auction.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 am

Jim Rivera cfc1909 wrote:Also the Johnson Hindu portrait was a surprise at 3.5k-I am glad I already have that one.

That price was insane. That was one of the cool cards I thought I had a reasonable chance of winning, but that price was about twice what I was expecting. Did win a share of the nicer E103 group - alas, the Wagner isn't part of my haul - and the T205/T206 Speaker pair. Not a banner auction for me, but I can't complain.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 am

yawie u did well...the wagner was a bad 30 with the crease through the face.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Thu May 06, 2010 4:53 am

True, true. I wouldn't throw that one out of bed or anything, but I'd always be thinking that I wanted something better.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu May 06, 2010 5:23 am

it's like scarlett johansson with a big scar on her face...sure she's got other things going, but you'll only concentrate on that scar Sad

(not that i need it...but subliminal reminder to see iron man 2)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 am

cccc wrote:it's like scarlett johansson with a big scar on her face...sure she's got other things going, but you'll only concentrate on that scar REA results - Page 2 Icon_sad

(not that i need it...but subliminal reminder to see iron man 2)

Yeah - I prefer Scarless Johansson... REA results - Page 2 624891
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Thu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

You're killing me, Smalls.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu May 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Bosox Blair wrote:

Yeah - I prefer Scarless Johansson... REA results - Page 2 624891

ha lol...how long have you waited to deliver that line blair?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by shammus Fri May 07, 2010 4:44 am

I won both e103 groups (one as a part of a team, the other on my own). I'd say that both groups went right at fair market value, not too high or too low in my opinion. I estimated the lower lot to within $60 of what it actually went for including BP. Thought that was kinda cool!

I also won the e93 monster lot at the end of the auction with a partner. 81 cards...5 Wagners....44 HOFers. Will be a handful but I'm looking forward to getting the cards in. I'm getting 3-5 cards of many of the players so I'll have plenty of trade material....lol

shammus
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 am

Brian,

That would be so much fun to buy a lot like that, almost like buying 4 or 5 packs of cards as a kid, it's so much fun just leafing through all the new cards you have.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 am

yes would be so cool if you put all those raw cards and dupes into binders and just leaf through them...that's old school, brian!

we can certainly cross off pennsylvania as the location for the anonymous e98s as none was found in this caramel find (e92s, e93s, e95s, e96s, e103s). i'm too old to remember and too lazy to click a couple buttons to see where the dockmans were distributed.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm gonna completely change the REA subject from this tread, only because I don't find it necessary to start a new thread just to ask this question.

Anyone know about how long it takes to get a consignment check from REA (or any other auction house for that matter) once the auction is concluded? What is a reasonable time frame? Just curious is all. Thanks in advance.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu May 13, 2010 6:24 pm

When I consigned in the past it took about 2-3 weeks if I remember right. I believe he waits for payment before sending out his payments.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu May 13, 2010 9:29 pm

crazylocomerk wrote:I'm gonna completely change the REA subject from this tread, only because I don't find it necessary to start a new thread just to ask this question.

Anyone know about how long it takes to get a consignment check from REA (or any other auction house for that matter) once the auction is concluded? What is a reasonable time frame? Just curious is all. Thanks in advance.

Hi Eric,

Went back and checked, and here is the quote from REA after last year's auction:

"Just five weeks after the auction all packages have been mailed (almost
all with 24-hour service), all consignor checks have been mailed (in
fact, almost all were mailed within twenty-one days following the close
of the auction), and we are already working on the next auction..."
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri May 14, 2010 6:52 am

rob should seriously consider doing 2 auctions a year, we're ready...and it's about time. (oops bad pun jerry smolin wasn't rob's partner)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri May 14, 2010 7:01 am

cccc wrote:rob should seriously consider doing 2 auctions a year, we're ready...and it's about time. (oops bad pun jerry smolin wasn't rob's partner)

You know, that crossed my mind, and I agree. It help consigners because they'd have more opportunities to consign, and I also think it would help prices, because there is too much material going at the same time in REA Auctions, IMO. I think their prices across the board would be stronger if they went to two auctions.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA results - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100REA results - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri May 14, 2010 3:18 pm

I think Rob had made plans for a smaller second auction last year but with the bad economy nixed it. I agree with most, no matter how the economy is, he could easily do very well with a second smaller auction later in the year.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2