Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REA results

+12
smtjoy
cccc
mwieder
TheBig6
terjung
Bosox Blair
Bicem
fisherboy7
jbonie
bowlingshoeguy
ullmandds
sabrjay
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

REA results Empty REA results

Post by sabrjay Sun May 02, 2010 3:26 pm

So what do you all think we the steals and the overpriced stuff?

Right now lots 192 and 193 looks like someone got a good deal.

Didn't see realized prices for the Legendary Firesides. How were the prices in REA compare?

The Red Sun near set (74/75) pulled and amazing price. More than $1k per card and that's not figuring in the buyers premium.

Sadly, someone paid $4k for a t205 Matty Cycle back. When will people learn? REA results 64370

Not sure how I missed it, but there was a blank backed m101-5 Thorpe in the auction graded SGC10 and closed at $8k plus vig.

Thought it was interesting that for the same price, and they were lots right next to each other, you could get either a PSA8 1952 Bowman Mantle or a complete set of 1952 Bowmans in Ex for $2750 plus vig. Personally, I'd rather have the complete set than a really nice looking Mantle.

The Buffalo Federal League pennant went for $18k plus vig REA results Icon_eek

Last edited by sabrjay on Sun May 02, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

REA results Empty Re: REA results

Post by ullmandds Sun May 02, 2010 3:38 pm

The Behren boys are all Mantle Haters...but I'd rather have the set too! REA results Icon_lol I agree the T211 set was stupendous...the T208's ranged from 1000 for a beater to over 12K, I believe for the nicer HOF'ers. I picked up the t208 strunk for a small ransom...I feel like I overpaid compared to some of the others which went for less but are as nice or nicer!!! Super strong prices for most rare backs...I was a little surprised the mcgaw red hindu didn't go for more...as well as the lot of red hindu's. I thought the t216 lot went pretty cheaply...I would love that t216 miller fielding REA results 283684 . T206 lot of rare backs seemed to sell for high retail...but I have no idea what those brown om, brown lennox are worth?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun May 02, 2010 3:49 pm

t208 realized prices were substantially lower in rea than legendary. No commons sold for less than $3200 in legendary with the plank going over 64K and the collins over 35K.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun May 02, 2010 4:16 pm

The DRUM Johnson licked the Cy Young Broadleaf 460 almost 2 to 1.Some of the similar cards that were in Goodwin did not do as well but I really question some of there results. $110,000 for an Old Judge was amazing.

I see the Foster OM back finished strong, I was wondering if it would get over $10,000.

Lee

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 pm

The PCL OJ is a case where you have a couple of guys with deep OJ collections looking to add a tough card. Otherwise, if I were a deep pockets just getting started, the 2 lots of 390+ cards would be a much better value.

There was a t206 Magie that went for $3600. That was a nice pick up for a low grade collector.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun May 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I was surprised by the OJ Kid Nichols... I had wanted that to pair with the Delahanty, but the bidding just got out of control and I had to evacuate at 9+bp.

I thought the Johnson Drum was a crazy price, I was just shocked. It could be leading backs to a whole new price level.

$110k+ is so much to pay for an OJ, but it is one-of-a-kind, and that particular OJ is a beautiful image, I will say that much for it.

The T208's were a bit weaker, I really liked the Bender in that one, it went one increment lower than the Legendary Bender, although this one was a nicer card.

Some of the T206's went for crazy prices. The T207's were downright affordable.

All in all, I'd say prices were average this year - I actually expected a bit more, but there were some real mixes of bargains/overpays.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun May 02, 2010 7:12 pm

I was wondering if others thought the t207 prices seemed soft. There were a lot of 1 of 1 t207s that didn't seem to do well. Even the key cards seemed to be weak. I expected the Donlin card to do the best since that seems to be on everyone's want list, but I thought the price for it was weak too.

The one secret buy I wish I could have made was the raw 1955 Topps set. It's the first set of cards I put together that wasn't from my childhood and I wouldn't mind owning one again.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun May 02, 2010 7:43 pm

There were a ton of high grade t207's in the auction. I realize Donlin s tough, but $5,500 was a substantial price I thought. The psa 7 Lowdermilk was overgraded (centering/back stain) and still got a strong price @ 9.5K. I thought several brown borders went low though, like the PSA 7 (OC) Weaver for $1600.

I thought someone did very well on this lot of 10 W600's for $4250 LINK

Some of the OJ's went pretty low, how about this deal on a SGC 40 N172 Anson LINK

OR the Wilbert Robinson, who's among the toughest HOFers in the set, for $1600 LINK
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Mon May 03, 2010 12:13 am

sabrjay wrote:

Not sure how I missed it, but there was a blank backed m101-5 Thorpe in the auction graded SGC10 and closed at $8k plus vig.

REA results Item_13571_1

interestingly, the SGC 80 only went for $4k more...

REA results Item_13562_1
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon May 03, 2010 12:17 am

There were some particularly good deals in the "internet only" part (the final lots in the auction). My theory is that they got overlooked as they were not in the published catalog. Several of those lots came from an original one-owner collection of over 350 E-cards and a bunch of T-cards. There were a ton of Dockmans, and for the most part they went under VCP.

One example was the Wagner throwing in SGC 60 = 5. Now this one was not the strongest 5 you ever saw, but nonetheless 5 is the highest grade SGC has assigned to this card, and all previously auctioned examples in this grade went $5100 or more. The final bid on this one was $3000.

I won one of the Dockman lots, along with the high-grade '39 PB Moe Berg and the Tango Eggs Jennings in SGC 86 = 7.5.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon May 03, 2010 12:21 am

Oh, and someone noted on N54 that the Old Mill Stengel in PSA 6 went for less than 1/2 what that exact card sold for 6 months ago at another auction. Loss of over $25K on tne flip REA results Icon_eek ...

The dude who bought the restored T206 Plank a few months back and put it in REA also lost several thousand $$$.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon May 03, 2010 12:33 am

What would you value those Thorpes at, Jay?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon May 03, 2010 1:51 am

I'm not sure how long ago it was that the 80 sold, but I think it's at least two years, maybe more. It's a card that has really skyrocketed since I bought mine 8 years ago. I think there was a sgc40 that went for $32k plus vig a year or two ago.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon May 03, 2010 3:00 am

damn...i missed those caramels at the end. thats quite a bunch of dockman wagner throwings added to the market...along with many other triplicates. i thoought the e90-2 lot went cheap...and the e95 set...
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Mon May 03, 2010 3:42 am

What did you guys think about the price on Lot#175
16 JKA Cabinets with 8 Hofers. 18,800 with juice doesn't sound that bad for that many cabinets. Granted the condition wasn't top notch but a nice group with great images.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon May 03, 2010 4:48 am

Blair,

Glad to see you won the Tango Jennings, I was very tempted but decided not to pull the trigger.

Congrats,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 am

bowlingshoeguy wrote:Blair,

Glad to see you won the Tango Jennings, I was very tempted but decided not to pull the trigger.

Congrats,

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks! Something about that one really caught my attention. I know Jennings is one of the most available Tangos, but it is a cool card of a HOFer in great condition...why not? REA results 182900
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Mon May 03, 2010 1:24 pm

sabrjay wrote:I'm not sure how long ago it was that the 80 sold, but I think it's at least two years, maybe more. It's a card that has really skyrocketed since I bought mine 8 years ago. I think there was a sgc40 that went for $32k plus vig a year or two ago.

The 80 sold in REA right next to the 10 and sold for $12k.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon May 03, 2010 3:28 pm

I am blind. REA results Icon_pirat I can't imagine why someone would shell out $8k for the 10 when you could spent little bit more and get the 80. I bet the guy with the 80 isn't too happy seeing what the 10 went for, but the guy selling the 10 I am sure is thrilled. Makes it really to tough gauge what a price should be in between. They are both blank banked so that shouldn't have affected price.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon May 03, 2010 4:40 pm

I can shed some light on the Thorpe disparity. I picked up the 10 Thorpe. It went higher than I expected and the 80 went cheaper than I expected. I would have chased the 80 instead (given the price), but didn't have a starter bid in on it to even have the option since I figured the values wouldn't be as close as they were. So, I drove the 10 up higher, but couldn't switch to the 80 even if I wanted to.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon May 03, 2010 5:01 pm

that's a serious bummer. I'm guessing the same thing happened to the underbidder then for the price to go so high.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon May 03, 2010 5:36 pm

kinda odd on the other side too. underbidder obviously wanted the card bad also, that means he must have a bid on the 80...you'd think once it reaches 5k+ for the 10 and the 80 is at 10k he'd drop out or go for the other one.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm

The bidding was different than I expected. I figured that the lower one would hang out at $5k or so and that two people would beat each other up for the 80 - with the underbidder eventually dropping down to the 10 to take a swipe as a consolation price (similar to the George C Miller set last year). Didn't happen that way at all.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

either way, stupid price to pry mine from my hands is now $25k REA results 768829
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 pm

My feeling on the Thorpe is that its just a card people want and are less concerned with the condition. I also think it was a very nice looking 10 as the paper loss was outside the picture.

On the pricing I see the same thing in hard to get exhibits where a 4 will barely sell for more than a 1 because people just want one example in their collections/sets.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
REA results Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100REA results Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next