Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone?

+3
cccc
sabrjay
ullmandds
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Empty Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone?

Post by ullmandds Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm

I just noticed on the other board SGC posting regarding a new show in Mpls area this weekend...here is the info posted:

I wanted to give a little more advanced notice for this upcoming show
to any board members who may be in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Next
weekend, April 9-11, a new show will be held in Brooklyn Center, MN at
the Earle Brown Heritage Center. SGC will be in attendance the entire
weekend meeting collectors and accepting submissions to take back for
grading .

More information on the show can be found at the link below. The
autograph lineup should be a nice draw and it is my understanding that
several large dealers have committed to attending this show.

http://mountedmemoriesshows.com/shop...&criteria=1340

It would be nice to meet any members in the area, so if you can, please
consider stopping by our booth to say hello and drop off any cards you
may have.

You can see our current specials at www.sgccard.com.

Please feel free to call or email with any questions.

Thank you!

I'm planning to attend maybe fri night or over the weekend....is anyone planning to attend?

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Empty Re: Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone?

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea. I'll definitely be there so we should get together. I live in Champlin so it's just a stones throw from where I live.

Like Pete, I'd love to meet up with other fellow MN collectors. Lee might even drag his carcass down for this.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Empty Re: Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone?

Post by cccc Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:24 pm

whatever happened to sean "hanksta"? isn't he in the minneapolis area also? u guys might alert him also, always seemed like a cool guy.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I may have found an excuse to go, if I can get enough submissions together for SGC it would be worth while to drive down there. The only thing that sucks is that I will be driving down there the next 3 weekends, but for Twins games so that will help kill the ills of travel.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:33 pm

geez...it's not THAT far...let me know when you're going, Lee.

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm

You guys can come over to my place after the show and we can fire up the grill.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Sunday would be the only day I would be going. The $6 SGC special is pretty damn good, I also have a bunch of reviews I want to send in.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:04 pm

i think i'm going to drop off my submissions tonight...but keep me posted...I'll meet up with you guys sunday if that's the plan.

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 pm

After being dumb and forgetting I have tickets for the opener on Monday. I realized I might as well go down on Sunday, so I will definately be there on Sunday.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Howdy, just noticed this...thanks for the e-mail Lee! I've been pretty much off the radar trying to finish school, major house remodel and focusing pretty much on Cravath, which has turned into a crawl now.

I'm busy tomorrow all day, but might be able to swing by on Sunday...what time are people planning on going? I would like to see Tony O or Pete Rose...

Here is the link to the show:
http://www.fantasticmemorabilia.com/shop.aspx?flag=Category&criteria=1340
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Let's plan for Sunday and then you can come over to my place for grill pork chops and other goodies.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 am

Pete, I sent you a PM with my phone number, call me and well get something set up this weekend. Looks like Sunday is going to be the best day.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 am

Hey guys...I went to the show tonight to submit cards for grading to sgc. I was a little surprised to see Mr Mint greeting me when I walked in!!! Not much in the way of vintage. A few tables with some T cards...not much at all. Pete Calderon was there...didn't chat much...I was on a mission...in and out!!! I must say what I brought in for submissions blew away what was available there...not 1 card I was interested in buying. Nonetheless it was fun...and I'll probable meet up with you guys on sunday.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:03 am

I guess I got designated beer man, what a shock. I hope you like Fat Tire because that will be be on the menu. We should set a time. Isn't chefmike from the Twin Cities?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:57 pm

The show is from 9-4 on Sunday. After we do the show we can head over to my place and fire up the grill. I'll punish you all with a few new BBQ sauces I am experimenting with and see if you like them. Chops are on the menu. If you don't like that, we throw on some chicken. If you are a vegetarian, well, you are out of luck. No tofu around here. There will be some veggies though since Mona has to have them with every meal.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:20 pm

I just noticed the name of the company that is putting on the show, Mounted Memories. The first thing that came to mind was that they were a traveling show with Ted Williams head mounted on a plaque along with other players.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:05 pm

here's the plan. We will be meeting at the show on Sunday at 11am. Afterward we will head on over to my place for grillin' and drinks. Anyone in the Twin Cities area is welcome. Just let me know you want to come so that we have enough food and beer.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:08 am

thanks Jay...the pork was delicious!!! IT was fun hanging w/ you and Lee...and Mona and talkin' cards!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Always great to to be able to get together with fellow collectors. Too bad Sean couldn't make it and Pete C's plan got altered.

Next time we do this I'll have to make sure I've got some buffalo meat on hand. Smoke it and cook it like pulled pork. It's awesome stuff.

The show itself didn't have much vintage stuff like we want, but there was some there. I ended up with 2 t205 commons with Piedmont 42 backs that I got in trade for a v100 common. So I was happy with that deal. Otherwise, it was worth just to be able to shoot the breeze with Pete C, the guys from Memory Lane and other dealers I hadn't seen in awhile.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 am

Here's a shot of the 3 of us.

Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? MePeteUllamndsLee
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:43 am

pete u visited jay's house and live to tell about it...nice Cool . i wonder if jay's kids got even taller? i think they were about 6'2 or 6'3 when i saw them a few years back.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:57 am

Quan, He only has one kid and I think he is 6' 5', the other kid was me and I have been 6 ft since about 10th grade.

Jay can fix up some good vitals.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by spacktrack Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice meeting the Minnesota contingent of Pete, Jay, and Lee this past weekend. Wish I had planned a bit better in advance and stayed for the grilling and Twins game Monday. Next time.

Brian

spacktrack
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Card show in Mpls this weekend...anyone? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.sterlingsportsauctions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 pm

it was nice meeting you, Brian...if not for only a few minutes. thanks for expediting my submissions so my buddy didn't have to wait!!!!

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:10 am

My son is 6'6. I think he's stopped growing now.

Brian, nice to meet you. Next time you are in town, you are more than welcome to come visit. Any excuse to fire up the smoker/grill works for me.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next