Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson.

5 posters

Go down

Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Empty Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson.

Post by LucasRiley Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:49 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350324214364&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D350324214364%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_2845wt_1167

Check this out on ebay. This card strikes me as being in downright STUPENDOUS condition for a T206 Mathewson (or any T206, for that matter). I can't see anything that suggests a reprint, but it's raw, which scares me. Counterfeit? Or the real deal? Just thought I'd ask the experts.

And here I go, I've posted ebay again. I apologize.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Empty Re: Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson.

Post by t206head Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:31 am

I just jove when an card im hi bidder on gets aired out on the good old forum !!!!!!!!!!!!
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Empty Re: Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson.

Post by TheRiddler Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 am

I often judge a selling situation without looking at the card, in part because it is not always easy to determine the legitimacy of a card from a scan; and it is far easier to determine whether a seller is hedging on the guarantee that his card is authentic. In situations in which the seller may be setting up the sale as one in which he may not stand behind, I ask him directly :do you guarantee the authenticity of this item, because I plan to have it graded by PSA?

If he does not guarantee his offering, he is in violation of ebay policy to list it as a genuine item.

How do you assess these statements?
“All items are sold as-is…..We do our best to present accurate, detailed information about every item we sell”. ?

How would the seller respond to your statement of
"All money is provided as-is.....I do my best to present accurate, detailed information about each piece of currency I send"?

Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Pt206m10

A quick look around netted these images for comparison thru a google image search. I think that they look far less grainy than the item offered in ebay. But I can not be certain that this is an important characteristic. The seller does not offer a quality scan - it bulges about the middle. I would not bid - but I prefer to avoid hassles rather than to win battles. Gee, that sounds so cowardly.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 am

I appreciate the info. That's why I joined this forum, to get the advice of the veterans in this hobby!

T206head: Sorry to air out your card like that. I hope you get it. I certainly won't be bidding against you. Good luck!
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:32 am

sorry about the snap dude just venting after a long ass work day. That matty has a little paper loss on he back it most likely was glued in a book for many years helping keep it so clean. anyway later BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:39 am

With t206s, there is almost no chance that any of them will flew under radar, especialyl Matty and other big name players where the seller is likely to list the player name.

A lot people don't like current eBay auctions being mentioned while bidding is still active. If it's in the proper category, I wouldn't worry about outing it. If you find something interesting or questionable in nonstandard category, then it's best not mention it, you can send a PM to me, fisherboy, bowlingshoeguy or other knowledgeable people here on the board.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by canjond Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Card looked good to me but I question that bottom border. Wonder if it measures properly?
canjond
canjond
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Another Skeptic! This time it's a T206 Mathewson. Right_bar_bleue

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down