Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many do you own?

5 posters

Go down

How many do you own? Empty How many do you own?

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 pm

With the most recent round of voting done for the baseball card HOF, I'm curious, how many of the cards in the HOF do you own?

Here is the list:

n162 Cap Anson
n172 Cap Anson in uniform
Peck & Snyder Red Stockings
Four Base Hits King Kelly
e92 Christy Mathewson
e92 Rebel Oakes
e90-1 Mike Mitchel
t205 Joss
t206 Honus Wagner
t210 Joe Jackson
Zeenut Fatty Arbuckle
1933/4 Nap Lajoie
1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig
Balt News Babe Ruth
1952 Topps Mickey Mantle
1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr

I own 3 of the cards and at one time had 7 of them.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

How many do you own? Empty Re: How many do you own?

Post by ullmandds Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:26 pm

I have 2 of them...the t205 joss and the 34' gehrig...i dont even have an 89' ud griffey!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm with you there. The Griffey is not one of the three I own. Mine are the e92 Oakes, e92 Mathewson and t205 Joss

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm

At one time I've owned several e92 Mattys and t205 Josses, and one n162 Anson. Love all 3 of those cards but alas they are no longer mine.

Never owned the goudey Gehrig, 52 Mantle, or 89 Griffey.

And besides the e90-1 Mitchell and e92 Oakes, the rest of those cards are pretty much unobtainable.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:18 pm

The Lajoie isn't too tough and the price isn't that stiff except to us common folk. The Arbuckle is a really tough card that you almost never see for sale. I had a chance to buy one back in the 80s but passed because I found something else I wanted to spend my money on. If I remember correctly, it was the show where Macrae had told me about his Mello-Mint buy and used my money to buy some of those.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 pm

sabrjay wrote:The Lajoie isn't too tough and the price isn't that stiff except to us common folk. The Arbuckle is a really tough card that you almost never see for sale. I had a chance to buy one back in the 80s but passed because I found something else I wanted to spend my money on. If I remember correctly, it was the show where Macrae had told me about his Mello-Mint buy and used my money to buy some of those.

Jay

The price isn't that stiff on a '33 Lajoie??? Wow. I guess I would have to disagree. It seems spendy to me.

The only HOF card that I own from that list is the '89 U.D. Griffey.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm

relative to other scares/desirable cards, the Lajoie is pretty affordable. It's lost a lot of it luster over the years. In the early 80s there were only 5 cards that sold for $1k and the Lajoie was one of them. Now it's no where near the top 5.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Perhaps I am just thinking of the condition that I would like. I collect the HOFers in '33 Goudeys in Ex-Mt (SGC 80), so some of the price that I am thinking of may be related to condition scarcity, which isn't the best metric. I have no idea what it would go for in a poor condition, but an Ex-Mt version isn't too cheap ($25k - $30k range or so). Compared to Honus, I supposed everything pales... but when listed along side an '89 U.D. Griffey, Lajoie seems closer to the high end to me. No worries... I am planning on acquiring one someday. It will be a big enough acquisition for me that I know I will have to plan for it.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 am

Hmmm...is zero the wrong answer? How many do you own? Icon_redface

I actually only have firm plans to acquire one of these at present - the E92 Matty (Dockman for my set).
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
How many do you own? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100How many do you own? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum