Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the toughest sets to find in top condition?

+10
3-2-count
Bosox Blair
terjung
Jim Rivera cfc1909
docpatlv
canjond
glenv
crazylocomerk
sabrjay
fisherboy7
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are the toughest sets to find in top condition?

Post by terjung Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:15 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:Here's another nice high grade (for the set) E107 with the seldomly seen overprint back. Not mine, I pulled it off a google image search. I recall it being on ebay a few years ago. To say that you don't often see E107's in this kind of condition would be an understatement.

Especially one with a stamped back.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are the toughest sets to find in top condition?

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:27 pm

How much of a premium would you pay for a stamp back, Brian? Seems like they could be easily faked, no?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:29 am

Tough to say how much of a premium I would place on the card. I would like to add one to my collection, so I can say that it would be something that I would place a little bit of a premium on (in order to get a single one). How much is tough to say. Not a lot, but maybe an extra hundred or so on a card with decent eye appeal. As far as the ability to fake them, I am sure that it could be done, but I suspect that it isn't really worth someone's time and effort since it wouldn't add that much. E107s are rare enough that there aren't a lot floating around for practice attempts. Old Puts and the like are on cards that are much more commonly found - such that you don't ruin as high end of a card if you mess up. Having said that, could someone try? Certainly. Have they? Probably. I am constantly surprised what people are willing to try to pull off.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:31 am

fisherboy7 wrote:Seems like they could be easily faked, no?

I suppose so! I faked the one on my avatar! What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Icon_lol
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by canjond Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:55 am

I believe these to be INCREDIBLY undergraded too. However, I don't think there are nicer around...

What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Lections
canjond
canjond
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:57 am

Jon, I recall those Lections having a story behind them. If so, mind sharing? They look great!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by canjond Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:03 am

Sure - a few years ago now, I came across an original collection of 6 of these Lections which I purchased. The 3 highest graded examples I purchased are the ones pictured above. However, I think the most valuable piece of information that came out of the find was the distribution of these cards. The gentleman who I purchased them from had a few "Elections" cards as well, which were identical in size to "Lections," however featured local political candidates in the Albany, NY area. The gentleman explained that when he attended the state fair with his father, his father was given the "Election" cards. The children were given "Lections." The cards were only handed out during the fair and that most likely explains the rarity.
canjond
canjond
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100What are the toughest sets to find in top condition? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2