Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea

3 posters

Go down

25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Empty 25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:59 pm

The 25th Annual St Leanders Fall Sports Collectors show will be held on
Saturday November 28. The show features 73 tables (sold out) covering
150 years of sports cards and memorabilia. Baseball, boxing,
basketball, football, hockey, olympics, golf and more. The show is
located at Ryan O'Connell Hall, 575 West Estudillo in San Leandro. Easy
freeway access from 580 (Estudillo) & 880 (Davis). Easier access
from BART as it is directly across the street from the SAN LEANDRO
station. Fly into Oakland or SFO & take BART as many others have
for the day. Show hours are 9-4, Admission is $3. This is the longest
running annual show in California and the second longest (next to
Seattle) on the West Coast.

Posting this because Mark puts on one of the best shows. It's pretty hard to go there and not find something worth buying. I had the pleasure of setting up at the show for a number of years. I just wish I lived close enough to go to the show.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 10025th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Empty Re: 25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Here's some shots of me set up at Mark's show

25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Show
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 10025th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Empty Thanks Jay

Post by oaks1912 Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi Jay...I spotted your post this morning & want to thank you for posting this. We had a great time yesterday and a stronger than usual turnout in the morning. The crowd tapered off in the early afternoon. I went through the show photos (over the last 24 years) a few weeks back and selected several dozen , creating a collage of images of past show attendees and exhibitors. There are only five of us who have exhibited at all 25 November shows. Maybe you'll make one of the shows in the future. Undoubtedly you'll see some familiar faces......Mark Smile

oaks1912
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10025th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Empty Re: 25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Is there a web site?

Mark you must have been nice, Jay seems to have all the shiny new stuff. 25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Icon_biggrin 25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Icon_biggrin 25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Icon_biggrin

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 10025th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:48 pm

On the top picture, the table in front had the shiny new stuff, but the table behind it had the showcases with all the good stuff in it that we care about.

Mark, I will definitely make it out there some day. I'd love see some of those pictures.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by oaks1912 Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:13 am

Jay...The show is still a lot of fun.......Lee, you have to remember, back in the 80's most of the exhibitors were also collectors. They'd sell the new stuff (which was easy to get & sell) to finance their personal collecting interests. They has always been a balance of material at the show and that policy will continue as long as I'm running it. Both new (in moderation) and old is welcome.....Mark

oaks1912
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10025th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 am

Those were the days where you could make a few bucks on the new stuff. I ran a card store from 89-92 in MN. We were at the largest masconi (sp?) show that was in 2 buildings. Great fun.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
25th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 10025th annual St Leanders show Nov 28th Bay ARea Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down