Mauer MVP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mauer MVP

Post by sabrjay on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Mauer won the AL MVP with 27 of 28 votes. The writer that voted for someone else should never be allowed to vote again. It's right up there with this idiot writers that won't vote for a HOFer on the first ballot because they think that no one should go in on the first vote. How retarded is that?

Mauer put up better numbers than anyone else and he did it missing the first month of the season. How huge would his numbers have been if he was healthy? Maybe that other voter would have voted for him then. To top it off, he plays the most physically demanding position in the game.

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. When I do this at home I get arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
25 / 10025 / 100

View user profile http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

now now Jay

Post by nolemmings on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:56 pm

There's no accounting for taste, but let's not forget, when Yaz won the triple crown in '67, one writer gave a first place MVP vote to Cesar Tovar. While Pepe was a fan fave and an important part of those late 60's Twins teams, he was no MVP. I suspect it was a Minnesota writer who passed on Yaz in favor of Tovar, so I'm a little sheepish when people bring up results like the Mauer vote. Anyway, here's Cesar from that "MVP" season:

nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
4 / 1004 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mauer MVP

Post by cccc on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 am

boring year when all the players that deserve to win actually win these awards....if zito is worth $134mil ( ) and rowand $90mil ( ), i hope lincecum will get something ridic like $35mil arb or 6/200mil contract
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
15 / 10015 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mauer MVP

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top