Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards?

+4
Square_Frame_Ramly
ullmandds
sabrjay
fisherboy7
8 posters

Go down

Best way to sell my E cards?

Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_lcap0%Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_lcap78%Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 7 ]
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_lcap0%Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_lcap22%Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Empty Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards?

Post by fisherboy7 Sun May 10, 2009 6:54 pm

I could use a little advice. In an attempt to downsize my collection a bit, I'm considering selling the majority of my caramel card collection. There are 48 cards total, mostly raw, with a fairly broad selection of sets across the spectrum. No major rarities but a bunch of HOFers. Condition is all over the place. Thing is, I don't have the time nor the patience to sell them off individually right now. However, I suppose I might be leaving a significant chunk of $ on the table if I sell them as a lot - but then again, it might be worth it, given the savings in shipping/paypal fees/time.

I guess my options are (and I've made these into a poll):

1. List them as a single lot on the BST here
2. List them on my imageevent site with individual prices
3. List them on ebay as a single lot (I've noticed some of the e card lots on ebay selling for nice prices)
4. Sell the E96's and E92's in two lots, and the rest as a group
5. Consign to an auction house (not sure if my group is worthy?)

Here's a breakdown of what I have:

E90-1 (2 cards) Young portrait and Lajoie
E90-2 (1 card) Leach
E92 (15 cards, all mostly vgex) with Mathewson (lower grade than the others)
E93 (9 cards) w/Waddell and Clarke
E94 (2 cards) with a blazer of a Lobert
E95 (2 cards)
E96 (16 cards) w/Mack, Jennings, Marquard, Baker, Clarke
E101 (1 card) Bender

Here is a LINK to some pics (the cards on the top row are the ones I'm likely keeping). Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Empty Re: Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards?

Post by sabrjay Sun May 10, 2009 10:44 pm

I'd say options 1 and 2. If they were mostly commons, I'd say sell as a group but selling HOFers in a group tends to be a serious money losing proposition. If you aren't in a big rush to get money, I'd look into one of the smaller auction houses like Sloate, etc and see what they can do. That route will mean about 3 month wait.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Empty Re: Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards?

Post by ullmandds Mon May 11, 2009 3:08 am

nice cards...I'd say 2 is the most lucrative way...but 1 or 3 will be the quickest. I'd be interested in a few if you sell them on bst...or ebay...but not all of them.

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Empty i think...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon May 11, 2009 11:31 am

List them on B/S/T individually for decent prices and you will have them sold in 2 days.

decent price= at market or slightly below if you are looking for quick $.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm

I like Mark's Idea but another option is consigning to an Ebay seller. David Bryan or Just Collect come to mind.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon May 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm planning on setting up a sale page on my imageevent site, and will post something in the BST when it's ready. Seems like a better alternative than ebay.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue May 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I am working on the E96 set so please give me a heads up when they come to market. Thanks Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Best way to sell a large lot of caramel cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Tue May 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Dan,
Check the BST page. They are at market.
Jeff
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed May 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks guys, Ben, I just sent you about 40 emails

Darn anesthesia is still in me from this morning

dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Fri May 15, 2009 12:26 am

would getting the more valuable ones slabbed increase your chances of selling and also help increase your $$$ return?
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down