Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about your team

5 posters

Go down

Tell me about your team Empty Tell me about your team

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Yes, the changes which you made since last season
the improvements, error corrections, greater insight
better planning, more thorough implementation,
revised understanding, accomodation of Sim characteristics and capabilities, etc.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Tell me about your team Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Tell me about your team Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your team Empty Re: Tell me about your team

Post by TheRiddler Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:45 pm

The Riddler's Medieval B.B.C.

Ok boss, I told ya I could get it straight, and I think I did that. Heres what I did: First off I got the best hitters - while maintaining an eye on their fielding (3B was a problem), and focusing primarily on HR production, as we had discussed:

C - Mickey Cochrane

1B -
Johnnie Mize
2B -
Nap Lajoie
3B - Jim Thome

SS -
Alex Rodriguez
OF -
Babe Ruth
OF -
Joe DiMaggio
OF - Joe Jackson

All selections are within what we considered the top three candidates for each position, with the obvious exception, but he is still within the top 5.

Pitching selections were made solely based upon the Sim characteristics exhibited in the initial season, since our analysis indicated that actual career history had unidentified relevance to Sim pitching performance. Adequate selections were made to accommodate current pitching management approaches, and subjects such as spitball pitcher effectiveness, inadequately documented by the performance of Ed Walsh and Dutch Leonard was the subject of an experiment termed Grimes.

SP - Tom Glavine
SP - Chief Bender

SP -
Whitey Ford
SP -
Curt Schilling
RP -
Burleigh Grimes
RP -
RP -
Hoyt Wilhelm
RP -
Kent Tekulve
CL -
Dave Righetti
CL -
Robb Nen

The blank space is because at the last minute Roberts was taken, and we decided to go for Schffield who hit .365 with a .500+ slugging last Sim year (with limited ABs).
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Tell me about your team Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Tell me about your team Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:39 pm

As mentioned before, I screwed by not paying closer attention to the pitchers I was drafting and not getting the right mix of righties and lefties.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Tell me about your team Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Tell me about your team Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:09 pm

Wanna trade ?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:49 am

I started off trying to go with an all Nebraska born (or grown..ie Dazzy Vance) team, but found out the computer program doesn't have many of my players so I had to go with some players who had connections to Nebraska by playing minor league ball here...or in the case of Rafael Palmeiro played in the CWS.

I don't expect to come anywhere but last place with this team, but I thought it would be fun putting the team together...anything other than last place will be glorious victory for me. Very Happy
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Tell me about your team Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Tell me about your team Right_bar_bleue

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Bob Cerv does not make the cut ?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your team Empty well...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Last year i thought pitching would dominate for me. I was wrong...i came in second to last. This year i made hitting my #1 priority.

The thing is, i don't know how the sim game can differentiate between pitchers like Cy Young and Matty going against a hitter like Barry Bonds. You would think if Bonds were around 100 years ago he would hit 150 homeruns a year.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Tell me about your team Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Tell me about your team Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Bonds never hit against a pitcher with a wikked spitter who threw a ball with the consistency of a bean bag all coated in tobacco juice, so you can't see it real well. He also never hit against a pitcher who could take several steps in his delivery, twirling, yelling, gyrating ... this I'd like to see. And there is more.

All in all, Bonds wouldn't last past the middle of his first game (assuming he got on base at all) he's sure to be a spiking victim. That is, forgetting that your first baseman wouldn't allow blacks to play.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Bob Cerv was my fifth or sixth pick in the draft.
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Tell me about your team Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Tell me about your team Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:58 am

Why did he not show up on your roster, then ?

Or am I missing the obvious here ?

naughty
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 pm

DOH! I must have mixed up my lists....I had two lists..one at home and one at work which is why one day I forgot to take Bob Gibson. I think I might have inadvertantly crossed off Cerv at home when I picked Johnny Hopp. Ah...well...it's not like that mistake is going to keep me from getting last place. drool
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down