Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin?

4 posters

Go down

Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Empty Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Ryanol10Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Fleerr10Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Ryanol11
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Empty Re: Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin?

Post by terjung Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:06 pm

"The U.S. Mint will neither confirm nor deny if it used Nolan Ryan’s likeness on its 1992 Olympic Silver Dollar." I don't think there is any room for debate when seeing those two images side by side though.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Empty Re: Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin?

Post by PeteBrowningFan Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:41 pm

I'm not a coin guy, so I'm not familiar with the issue. Interestingly, the Fleer Ryan card seems to depict him throwing a circle change, and the coin shows the same thing. Pretty neat.

PeteBrowningFan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:23 pm

" it is federal law that no living man or woman can appear on the U.S. coinage".

http://coins.about.com/od/uscoins/f/coin_portraits.htm

Therefore, if this coin contains the image of Ryan, is it accurate to conclude that the FBI is responsible for withdrawing all coins released to date, and prosecuting the US Mint for breaking US Law ?

I think that this is correct.

Edited to add: Of course, I do not want to see any action taken attributable to this outdated law. We are no longer concerned regarding our status as a Monarch free - Democracy; and far too often I have already seen my tax dollars pitted in a brutal battle against my other tax dollars.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Did the United States produce a Nolan Ryan Dollar coin? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down