Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery question on inherited cards

+5
sabrjay
crazylocomerk
ItsOnlyGil
Square_Frame_Ramly
Jan
9 posters

Go down

Gallery question on inherited cards Empty Gallery question on inherited cards

Post by Jan Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:29 pm

I wanted to post images of my cards for comment and thought you might be curious. Gallery does not seem to be the correct place.
At this point, I'm thinking about submitting them for auction. All of your comments have been very much appreciated. I have already learned so much but, also know it would take years to be knowledgeable on bb collecting. I am selling because I am old and my children do not know about bb cards. I think it would be better to leave cash rather than cards that may be tossed. Jan

Jan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Gallery question on inherited cards Empty Jan...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:41 pm

Do you own a scanner or camera?

If they are high $ cards then you should use a reputable auction house. Don't go with Ebay since auction houses seem to be doing better.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Gallery question on inherited cards Empty Re: Gallery question on inherited cards

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:10 pm

I agree. With the cards that you have, an auction house would be the best choice because
- they will draw the audience which justifies their fees (and maximizes your proceeds, hopefully)
- they will take care of all grading, listing, selling, getting paid, etc.

However, if you are willing to do it all yourself, you will realize the additional percentage for that inconvenience.

In my opinion, Roberrt Edward Auctions is the best choice. http://www.auctionzip.com/NJ-Auctioneers/3520.html

Please feel free to post in this thread any images which you are willing to share. However, such postings could lead to offers. If that is the motivation, the buy/sell/trade thread would be a better choice.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Gallery question on inherited cards Empty Re: Gallery question on inherited cards

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi Jan,

You can post your scans right here in this thread. You can either sign up for a free photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com, which I really like, or you can click on the "Host an Image" button across the toolbar when you post a reply. It is the 15th button from the left (same line as the BOLD button), and then copy the Image. Just click on it and a window will open it up. Find the image on your computer and click the "Host It" button. Then copy the middle URL script box (IMAGE).

If you choose photobucket, just upload your pics to an account. Then Copy the text in the "IMG CODE" box....the 4th one down under the picture.

And by the way, good luck with your search! This board is very knowledgeable and is a great source of information and a good place for help.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm

ItsOnlyGil wrote:
Please feel free to post in this thread any images which you are willing to share. However, such postings could lead to offers. If that is the motivation, the buy/sell/trade thread would be a better choice.

Until you know exactly what you have Jan, I would avoid any offers you might get. Without knowing the values yourself, the safest way to sell would be through a reputable auction house.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Gallery question on inherited cards Empty inherited cards

Post by Jan Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:10 pm

My motivation for posting the cards is not to sell here. Just sort of a thank you for all the good info you have given me. I know I would be curious if I was a long time poster. BTW, I have contacted Robert Edward Auctions and he said he would include in his next auction. (if scans prove worthy)
I will not be leaving this site altogether but, checking in every now and then. Thank you all very, very much. Jan

Jan
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Robert Edward Auctions is the best route to go. They have always realized strong prices and Rob Lifson is at top of the pile when it comes to the good guys in the hobby. As Gil said, ignore all offers you get from people. You can pretty much bet that those offers will be less than what you would realize through auction.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat May 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Good luck with your lot in REA tonight, Jan! I've got it on my watch list and am hoping you get a healthy final price.

Also many thanks to Rob for the shoutout to Full Count in the description.

Jan's Inheritance Lot
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sun May 03, 2009 10:59 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:Good luck with your lot in REA tonight, Jan! I've got it on my watch list and am hoping you get a healthy final price.

Also many thanks to Rob for the shoutout to Full Count in the description.

Jan's Inheritance Lot

I think Jan did pretty well - nicely over the estimate. I wonder who bought it?

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue May 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Jan, I also agree that you got an excellent price for your lot. Spend your money foollishly. Very Happy

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Sun May 24, 2009 1:16 pm

I just noticed this lot in my catalog the other night and wanted to say how cool it was that Jan found this board and you guys all helped her hook up with REA. The posts were really encouraging and showed that the board is filled with good people. I hate to think of how many people come into cards like these and then get taken for a ride when they ask the wrong people what they have what they may be worth. Nice job all.

AndyH

edited to add: Oh yeah, congrats Jan (if you're reading this by some chance)
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Gallery question on inherited cards Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Gallery question on inherited cards Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down