Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Ramly on the way...

4 posters

Go down

A new Ramly on the way... Empty A new Ramly on the way...

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks Toby. I was a minute too late on the SGC 40 Ramly Brown from Bill Cornell, but I'm happy with this one. Hope I didn't step on any toes with this one (Mark). Other than the obvious flaw it's a decent portrait shot of the three-fingered one and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Love the Ramly set, beautiful cards. Hey that gives me an idea for a thread cyclops

A new Ramly on the way... Tmpphp10
edited to fix scan.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
A new Ramly on the way... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100A new Ramly on the way... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

A new Ramly on the way... Empty Re: A new Ramly on the way...

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:33 am

Can't beat that Ben !

Brown - one of the three pitchers that Bob Gibson did not beat in 1968 with his season long 1.12 ERA. And has a lifetime ERA lower than Matty, Johnson and most others.

If you ever consider parting with that Ramly, please look this way for an enthusiastic potential buyer.

Congrats ! Exclamation
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
A new Ramly on the way... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A new Ramly on the way... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A new Ramly on the way... Empty Great pick up Ben...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:48 am

there is no worry about stepping on my toes Ben, trust me, i totaly understand. That was a great price and the card looks very nice!!!

The only thing that gets me about grading cards like your new T204 Brown, i know there is a small piece missing and psa gave it a 1. On my T204 Square frame there is a small piece of tape holding 1 corner together. If i were to remove that tape and if the corner came of is it now considered a PSA/SGC 1 because now there is no tape instead of how it is now graded SGC AUT just because tape is holding it on?

Anyway, nice pick up...

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
A new Ramly on the way... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100A new Ramly on the way... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:06 am

Toby mentioned in his description that he didn't think it should be in a "1" holder either. Doesn't matter much to me as I'll likely crack it him anyway so he can be free with his new friend Mr. Plank Razz
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
A new Ramly on the way... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100A new Ramly on the way... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:00 am

Ben,
The card looks a bit better than I thought...I was expecting a beater not a corner missing card.

Is this card rare? I have seen 2 for sale in the past few days and they were gone in a snap (saw both when posted)...shoot!

But I'm looking for a Jimmy Collins (Minneapolis, Manager) Ramly if anyone has an extra one.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
A new Ramly on the way... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100A new Ramly on the way... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:45 pm

hanksta wrote:Is this card rare? I have seen 2 for sale in the past few days and they were gone in a snap (saw both when posted)...shoot!

But I'm looking for a Jimmy Collins (Minneapolis, Manager) Ramly if anyone has an extra one.

Not an easy card to find by any means, I wouldn't call it "rare". Ramly HOFers are just really popular and usually pretty expensive in anything above 'poor' shape. I used to own a very sharp Ramly Brown, which I traded away years ago and it later graded SGC 80 by the person I traded it too! Shocked It was auctioned off later on in REA and did very well.

As for Jimmy Collins, I think you'll be able to track one down. He isn't on the level of Brown in terms of popularity, but you'll still have to shell out some coin for a decent one. I'll keep an eye out for you on that righton

ItsOnlyGil wrote:If you ever consider parting with that Ramly, please look this way for an enthusiastic potential buyer.

Absolutely. Will do, Gil.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

A new Ramly on the way... Empty Ben...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:54 pm

Your scanner did that, i noticed myself if i try to scan with high DPI it does that. who knows i could be wrong.

About the PSA label....there is a fine line sometimes when PSA grades a card with a piece missing. Also i have seen SGC give a number grade to a card with a piece missing.

great card and price. I am sure a lot of people on net54 thought the card was beat up because Toby never adds scans to his listings. I would have bought it also without seeing the scan.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
A new Ramly on the way... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100A new Ramly on the way... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down